German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is there a picture that shows characteristics of a GSD?

I am thinking to adopt another gsd but, the nose part look a bit longer than normal gsds on the pictures.

I can post pictures but, was just wondering.

·
Registered
504 Posts
You can post pics of the prospective dogs here. Adults are easier to guess than puppies, but a mix is a mix. I have a border-collie mix. He looks like one, he acts like one, but it is entirely possible that genetically he is zero border collie. If you don't know the parents, a mix is a mix. How they look and act is the dog you have. (barring genetic testing which I have no opinion on)

·
Registered
504 Posts
the dog pictured appears purebred. nothing at all that would suggest otherwise to me.
Oh, yes, agreed! I thought the op was posting a sample gsd pic, I did not realize it was the actual 'mix'. It does look like a purebred gsd. Totally agree.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I have the dog over a few months so will test it (me being curious).

Thanks for all the positive reaction.

Just saving another GSD from the shelter here.

I was just wondering the muzzle part as most GSD have short muzzle length. This GSD has a bit longer muzzle. The reason behind the question.

See picture.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Thise aren’t very good pictures. It’s hard to tell from those poses. Does it look roached to anyone else? The posture looks angled.

·
Super Moderator
6,670 Posts
Thise aren’t very good pictures. It’s hard to tell from those poses. Does it look roached to anyone else? The posture looks angled.
yes, she does.... it just doesn’t affect my opinion on whether or not she’s PB.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts