German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went by the shelter yesterday and found this small GSD pup about 5 months old. He is a total sweetheart and the reason the owner surrendered him was because he dug holes. (Wow) the dog slept in the backyard and stayed in the garage. My heart is melting my GSD mix who is 13 months old sleeps in the bed with me. We live in apartment and she is pretty good, despite putting some holes in our rug when put on bed rest. Anyways we have been trying to move into a house (rent) but nobody will take us and with another dog, it may be impossible. I have the opportunity to work wit a local rescue just in Case it doesn't work out with my dog. Should I take the chance of falling in love with it?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
I would get the housing situation figured out first before bringing another dog into the equation. Also be honest, some places do see the difference between one dog and two dogs on the application.

Renting houses is tough, most landlords don't like pets because there are people who don't care or try to prevent damage. I used to rent a house and our landlord was pretty easygoing, but now I own a house and it's much easier to breathe and relax.

I found going private was the best route, seeing the person face to face and explaining the situation and confirming you will take care of the property and repair any problems goes a long way. Also if you have any achievements like a CGC or CGN to prove their good behaviour or even allow them to meet the dog/dogs themselves

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes very true. Thank you for your input, as much as I would want to save him and keep him. Right now is not the time, but when I get my house I won't hesitate. I hope this little guy gets a good home, he's had a rough start being highly neglected. I decided I will foster and make sure he gets. Great home.
I wish I could save them all, but sadly there are two many ImageUploadedByPG Free1364437989.749973.jpg

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts