German Shepherds Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Re: Young Black GSD Boy in Bowling Green, OH

<span style="color: #663366"> I called the shelter and the deputy warden told me that the people spent about an hour with him and were filling out the adoption papers!

I hope it's a great new home because they're getting one heck of a good dog! Happy New Year, Mr. 07-712!

Mods - PLEASE MARK THIS BOY AS "ADOPTED"!!
</span>

·
Registered
1,182 Posts

VERY HAPPY ENDING!!!! I hope he went to a loving home!
Good way to end the year!!

·
Registered
5,709 Posts

Hello,
I just wanted to update that it was our family that couldn't help but not offer this boy a good loving home !

He is here with us & settling in pretty good. Still trying to get him used to our dogs & hoping it will work out.

I just had to update & let the people that followed this boy know that it wasn't just any old family adopting him.

We love him so & he is picking up commands real fast. Went to the Vet on Wed. & so far he is HW-.
Yea, this was my biggest worry. He had round worms & ear nasties so, treating both. Other than that............he needs to gain tons of weight, he is very thin. Only weighed 67 lbs.
Vet guessed him about 3 yrs old.

Just wanted to pass this info along & thanks to all that helped with this dear boy !

Just taken after he got a really nice groom job at Petsmart !

**Here's Shadow**

[/img]

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Re: SAVED:Young Black GSD Boy in Bowling Green, OH

MODS: Please move to rescue stories

Wow--Congratulations! I can't believe you didn't spill the beans sooner!

How is he doing with your other dogs? I've got my super skinny guy right here next to me. I bet once the worms clear out he'll have no trouble putting on weight.

·
Registered
9,438 Posts

What great news!!! He's absolutely gorgeous and he'll be stunning when he fills in a little. Thank you so much and congrats to your family and Shadow!!

·
Registered
3,927 Posts

Oh LuvourGSs,

Thank you for giving Shadow a great home, what a beauty. Hope all the furkids play nice together once things settle down.

Funny I have just finished posting this guy when I saw this post and thought I was reposting him ---well another Black German Shepherd is in need of a home - FAST - so if someone has envy - you can get a beautiful Black German Shepherd for your very own.

Take a look at Loki

·
Registered
3,927 Posts

Originally Posted By: ToFree24Oh LuvourGSs,

Thank you for giving Shadow a great home, what a beauty. Hope all the furkids play nice together once things settle down.

Funny I have just finished posting this guy when I saw this post and thought I was reposting him ---well another Black German Shepherd is in need of a home - FAST - so if someone has envy - you can get a beautiful Black German Shepherd for your very own.

Take a look at Loki

Here is Loki's web link ---- He is in DANGER!!

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=9968945

·
Registered
5,709 Posts

Hello again..........

BowWowMeow *Ruth*,

Well, this is my first rescue ever & I'm so glad I did it ! It's work....no doubt there ! I hope it will be so worth it though.

Trying to get things worked out & hoping that the 2 males Storm in my avatar & Shadow will work out. I haven't tried them 2 together yet & taking it slow. I have a trainer working with us to help. Just wanting Shadow to settle in & get into a routine, he has only been here 1 week & 1 day now.

He sure is a whiner ! Our other 2 GS's don't do that ! Having now 4 dogs is truely a job ! I hope to have a pack of 4 & will try like heck to see if it will work.

I have always bought pups from breeders & since being apart of this wonderful forum & seeing SO MANY nice PB GS in need......my heart said, YOU JUST HAVE TO SAVE JUST 1 OF THEM. I have never brought in a adult dog, always a pup into the pack. This way has worked fine so, I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one.

Just love them solid blacks & if I had the time, money, & was easier to adjust to the pack............I would sure save them all ! That Loki is such a looker & hope he can also be saved !

·
Registered
1,914 Posts

LovourGSs...I just saw this post...Congrats on such a beautiful boy. Thanks for saving him

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts

Way to go!!!! Shadow sure is a beauty!!!!!

·
Registered
2,097 Posts

Oh he is so handsome! Congratulations!! It will get easier every day with all the dogs. You've made a huge difference in Shadow's life. Way to go!!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts