German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Whiteville, NC - Sable Female Last Day 6/18

My mistake. I'm a little confused because I don;t remember her sister being there last week and she JUST appeared on the shelter site (don;t know why she wouldn;t have been on the site last week). SOmetimes these dogs appear on the site with a note that they have only 2 or 3 days!

·
Registered
97 Posts

The delay comes from the fact that the shelter staff doesn't take or post the pictures. The volunteers do. The shelter has nothing to do with any of the work done on the PF site. It was set up by a volunteer and is maintained that way as well.

If it wasn't for the two volunteers (thank God there's a little help now), the dogs at this shelter wouldn't even be on PF.

We do the best we can with full time jobs, families, and fosters. I am sure you know what I mean.

Resuce is tireless work.

Thanks for posting! Got my paws crossed!

·
Registered
1,795 Posts

Can someone post that new pic from above link? It is wonderful and you can really see how gorgeous she is!

·
Registered
1,815 Posts

Here's the pretty girl!!!!

·
Registered
90 Posts

Hey Guys,

GSRA can take this girl - we just need help pulling and transporting her to Durham. Anyone got any ideas?

Andrea
GSRA

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

First thing to do: Call the shelter and speak to someone, let them know a rescue is trying to get transport help. SOmetimes they have volunteers who might be willing to help.

·
Registered
90 Posts

yep - already doing this. I will let you know when I have confirmation that she is safe.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts

I'm hoping this means GSRA got her and not that she got adopted by general public!

·
Registered
97 Posts

Sorry Lori....I am affraid it was to the public. When I got there yesterday afternoon around 3:15 she was gone. Cross your paws it was someone OUT of the COUNTY at least!

This a.m. I got an email from GSRA saying they would take her if we could work things out. (which I would have MADE happen...you know me!). So we have to assume none of their folks got her. I have let them know that she was adopted and thanked them.

I always prefer rescue.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts