German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Re: Washington Court House, OH - Aurora 9 mo Stunning

Aurora is a 9 month old German Shepherd who was abandoned on the side of the highway. She is a very friendly girl and needs a new home. Call Savannah <span style="color: #CC0000">740-335-6630 or 740-572-0650 </span>
Aurora

German Shepherd Dog
Medium Baby Female Dog
Fayette County Dog Pound, Washington Court House, OH

·
Registered
2,765 Posts

I may be able to help with transport--WCH is 45-55 minutes from me.

~Kristin

·
Registered
22 Posts

**** this dog reminds me alot of my dakota. If it was close to california i would take this dog, to bad its so **** far away.

·
Registered
4,459 Posts

You can fly her - it is actually not too expensive.
She is totally stunning.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts

or dakota11, if you have room in your heart and home, it is literally raining german shepherd dogs who need help EVERYWHERE, though flying is indeed an option...flyinghayden (richard) from this board has flown from alaska to wherever the dog is (texas, florida...), to rescue his girls, not an option for everyone i know...

·
Registered
22 Posts

yeah me and my wife are looking local also, seems like alot of older dogs , which i dont want to bias them but im not in the state of mind of having to go through what i did 2 weeks ago with dakota any time soon. I know im probably short changing alot of dogs but for my sanity it has to be. Wonder what my wife will say when she sees this dog tonight

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Dakota:

I know that losing a dog is very sad but think of the happiness, peace, comfort you could bring to the last months of an older GS's life; and when each one's time comes, just get right back out there and bring home another senior and channel your sadness into love for that one. The emotional rewards will far outweigh the sadness.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts

Her listing has been removed....

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

You'd think these shelters would put an update on the dog's listing for a day or two so people interested could see it. The only good thing is that she came on the site on the 26th so it's only been two days (they have to hold longer than that for an owner to show up) so maybe she was reclaimed. I will call tomorrow.

·
Registered
5,483 Posts

It's a lot of work just to keep Petfinder listings semi-current. Having to post updates would make it impossible for most shelters. However - I'll agree that it would be nice if they would utilize their happy tails area so that the animals showed up as adopted if they were adopted.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts

A friend emailed me who works with this shelter and said she was adopted yesterday. Good News!

There is a white young female at the same shelter... very nice dog... I will post her info on a separate thread.

Tanja

1 - 18 of 18 Posts