German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, hi to all, my first post here :hug:
Right off the bat, i adopted a 2 year old male from a loving family, because wife started having really bad asthma and allergic cases a year into having that dog, someone explained that dogs started to change their coat from puppy to "normal" about a year into their lives...don`t know about that one, but hey...
I`m looking for general advice from people, who have done a crazy thing like adopting a grown dog.
It looks like they have neglected training him, he pulls his leash, has no reaction to his original name (Rex) and today i let him meet my neighbors labrador/ridgeback mix. Wow, that was a mistake. Neighbors dog is 7, sweet, but very active. A fight broke out, but i noticed, that it wasn`t one of those "to death" Looked like they both tried to prove something.
I will definitely look for a school for my dog, but as i said, what can i expect in the future?
P.s. we live near Munich, Germany.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
NormanF-we are getting along great, there is no love just yet ) but he seems ok, doesn`t really look sad.
And yes, i thought it to be a bit too soon to expect much from him now, he is in a bit of a shock with all new around him. I will try to add a picture, he really is gorgeous.

http://www.germanshepherds.com/foru...s-albums6746-rex-picture36754-img-0623-1.html

i will add more tomorrow, this one doesn`t do him justice )

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome!
Congratulations, I am partial to the LC's myself!
Are you keeping his name Rex or did you name him something else? And yes, please post pictures when you get a chance. I'm sure he'll settle in in no time :)
I`m thinking of renaming him, he shows no reaction to Rex, my neighbour shot out Benny today, ears went straight up :)
He is my first long coat, previous was a normal GS girl i picked up on the street, she was about 5 years old, died from cancer about 2 years ago, but the time we had together :) oh man!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts