German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We adopted Joy who was at a shelter with her littermates. She is pretty chill and smart. Listed as a Shepard mix... According to the shelter her birthday is 7/7/18 (so technically 12 weeks) But she is teeny! Her paws aren't oversized but I can tell she's grown since first bringing her home a week ago. The shelter gave the pups food together so if split equally would be 1/2 cup twice a day for each puppy. Shelter has her down for weighing 8.9 lbs. She wasn't that much smaller than her littermates. Some of her littermates had an ear up or both down. She has a very short coat compared to other shepard puppies I've seen and it has mostly fuzzy but some straight shiney hair on her back and sections in her tail. She's proportionate to herself but was 1/2 the size of a Shepard her age at puppy playtime.

She goes to our vet tomorrow... So we will know her updated weight... She is 11" to the shoulder. I'm so curious how dogs grow bc looking at her she looks like she would be puppy size forever lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
That looks almost identical to our 1 year old puppy Ringo. Very nice lookin. YA gotta love'm when they are that tiny, lol. Welcome to the site btw. :)

·
Super Moderator
8,500 Posts
Camera angles can be funny. First pic looks Corgi :D

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
Cute pup! One of mine has a very tight coat like yours. Side note, she looks a bit young to be doing table work? :wink2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts