German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I have met Jake and made this little video of him:

His photos here do not do him justice. His ears are not floppy all the time, just when he seems sad. When someone talks to him, they perk right up and when he gets excited. You can see in the video that clearly, he still has the fun loving spirit of a pup. He purportedly has problems with other dogs but IS GOOD WITH CATS!!! He is a PB GSD.

For some reason, Jake looks older than his years in these photos. He looks much younger in person.

Jake is recommended for a home with older children because even though he isoft mouthed and gentle, he is still so big, it might overwhelm a little kid. But his former home had a toddler in it and he was a good boy.

Here's what the dog biographer at our shelter wrote about him (I told her black spots on GSD tongues are normal - he is PB):

Jake – the black spots on his tongue gave him away!

I was approaching his kennel to greet him, and he spied me from afar. He was wagging his tail in a big way, and he had an open ‘happy mouth’. I wondered immediately if he had some ‘Chow’ in his background – somewhere! He’s a very handsome black and tan German Shepherd though. Maybe the Chow was a fond memory of one of his ancestors, or it may be just in my imagination. I've been told that GSD often have that trait, but - I can dream of a 'Chow' romance somewhere in his forebear's past!

Jake’s a big boy, approximately 4 years old and weighing in at 101 pounds. We’re recommending an older children home for him – due to his size and that he tends to be a bit mouthy in his play (he still has some puppy traits!)! His previous owners are releasing him because they are moving, and can’t take Jake along. They have had Jake for 3 months, so we know he’s had at least one other owner. They got him from a ‘breeder’ – so who knows?

What we do know is that they report that Jake gets along with CATS! He shared that previous home with a 6 month old child. He knows his basics like sit and stay, and his favorite game is fetch. He walks well on a leash, and he likes to ride in the car. He seems to have no bad habits, only good ones!

Jake is housetrained, and has already been neutered. He’s a fine boy, and is ready to go to a loving forever family. He’s a member of a loving and loyal breed, and he wants to find a family where he can be a full member, and to bond with them and their hearts. Come soon – Jake is waiting!

$92.50 FEE INCLUDES: neutering/spaying, vaccinations, microchip, rabies voucher, and county license.

Optional Heartworm/Lyme/Ehrlichiosis Test is an additional $25.00.

Dogs 5 years of age and older benefit from a $20 discount in the adoption fee. Adopt two dogs or more in the same day, and receive $20 off each additional animal.

Please call the shelter to check on the availability of any animal at (301) 600-1546. Animal visiting hours are as follows:

Mon, Tue, and Fri: 10:00am-5:00pm
Wed and Thu: 10:00am-8:00pm (our late evening hours)
Sat: 10:00am-4:00pm

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Re: Frederick, MD: Jake, GOOD WITH CATS!!!

I saw it.
What a sweet boy

·
Registered
443 Posts

He seems like such a nice boy. The video made me wish I could pet and play with him.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Well he went home today and I gave him big hugs and kisses before he did. The people who adopted him looked absolutely thrilled with him and excited.

·
Registered
12,142 Posts

·
Registered
2,606 Posts

Hi Strongheart,

I sent you a PM. There is a dog in Frederick that we need to have evaluated. Do you think you could help us out with this?

Thanks kindly for your consideration.

Lea
VGSR

1 - 8 of 8 Posts