German Shepherds Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Wow, super sketchy FB page. Unfortunately, OP got scammed - is there any legal recourse here? False advertising, even animal abuse? Pups can't be sold under 8 weeks per CA state law, what about being taken from their dam with false information provided? I am asking more because this is bound to continue happening, and these poor pups get the short end of the stick, plus they are likely simply profit vehicles for the "rescue".

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Found this on fb to be particularly disgusting ".........bottle fed babies are the best".

Op, I hope the vet visit for momma went well and glad she showed some interest in playing. Thank you for updating.

·
Registered
110 Posts
the name or the rescue is woof and purr furry friends. I am not sure if they just unscrupulous or all together made up. ive learned when under stress of in an unfamiliar situation people tend to become easier to influence and while i consider myself relatively street smart looking back i overlooked some huge, huge red flags.
i did sign the puppies over. :/
i became aware for the potential for mastitis while reading what to look out for. her teats are very swollen but not red and she seems to be in discomfort, not pain. she hasnt been eating much. i know this helps breasts go down im concerned because she is the one showing little interest in eating. could she somehow on an instinctual level know eating less will ease her discomfort or that wishful thinking?
she was very down yesterday snd seeing her search for her pups was downright heartbreaking. what was encouraging was that for first time in a while she intiated play with me, chasing a ball, swollen mammeries and all. i of course kept it low impact but it was good to see her in higher spirits.
M3andGSD,
I want to apologize if my response was hurtful to you. I now realize the "rescue" people are the ones that should have known better and by them not responding to your call and deleting the comments on their FB page they show they don't have the well-being of the dog in mind. Hopefully the vet visit went well.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I have a question. At what point, time frame wise, is it in the best interest of the dam to not reunite her? I honestly don't know this and with just using what has taken place, and with all that fell into place, my thought is that the dam is probably starting to dry up, I know milk can start up again if babies are brought back to nurse and mom allows, but what if she doesn't allow? If mom is brought to babies and doesn't nurse, what happens to mom in that place. If babies are brought back to op and doesn't nurse?

If babies are "thriving" and mom is mending, what s truely best for all?

I hate that this happened as does everyone but it did.

As for the second issue and the roll the rescue played in separating them, it has become a separate issue. How does one bring light to falsehoods in this instance and who would need to address them?

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Evo you have time to delete your quote as it has the name in it. I think it's important that the thread stay open for the op. The admin has stated the name has to stay out of this.

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
Most recent post on her FB page...."My beautiful 7 dwarfs ORPHANED German shepherd pups are thriving and doing amazing .... My goodness are they getting BIG !
Orphaned bottle babies are the best"

(I messaged her thru the page)

ME: Hi. I am questioning why you chose to bottle feed these pups when the mother is available to do? The pups need her and she needs them, put them back together. If you are experienced rescue you should know dogs need to be with dam until 8 weeks. You don't want 7 helion GSD's in the system down the road. It is completely irresponsible

HER: Hello please next time do not speak on such things you know nothing about and certainly don't call me out of my name I know very well what I'm doing and bottle feeding pups is better then letting them starve because they have a dead mother

ME: Honey, they don't have a dead mother. She reacted badly to you taking her pups and you took advantage of the person looking for help. You were too scared to take the mother. She is suffering from not being able to nurse as well as loosing her pups. Allow the person who owns mom to foster the pups until they are 8 weeks old and then you can rescue and rehome THAT IS THE RESPONSIBLE WAY TO DO IT!!!!

HER: Long story short owner will not surrender mom he has no food for her and doesnt want the pups there

HER: Never said she was dead I said better than letting them starve because they'll have a dead mother. . my FOSTER was not scared to take the mother (not sure why you're saying "you" as if I'm the one who's fostering) my foster willingly went out and bought a muzzle to take the mother did not care if mother freaked out on her since she wouldn't be able to bite having a muzzle but owner refused to allow that to happen and gave my foster the pups without the mother .Owner of the mother is not an approved foster as he can barely care for the mother and he refused to allow the mother to go with an approved foster due to HIS feelings towards her aggression

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
As for the second issue and the roll the rescue played in separating them, it has become a separate issue. How does one bring light to falsehoods in this instance and who would need to address them?

Yes. this question.

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
Gator (and anyone else who has commented or written the rescue), I'm sure your intentions are good ones but let's keep in mind that all we are essentially going off of is hearsay. We only have the story that the OP has provided us, and the rescue only has what the foster person provided them.

The rescue absolutely appears shady, but to me, there are things on both sides that don't add up.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
so now im getting texts from this woman calling me a liar (ironic)
everything she has written about this situation is a lie. i didnt refuse to surrender mother, i didnt not want the puppies. its true i was concerned about having enough food for mom but there were better solutions available then seperation. i offered one: leave the pups here and help me out with some food.
this lady has to be mentally ill. i have all the trxt messages between us leading up to me surrendering pups.
while writing this she has continued to text lies and gibberish to me and when i confronted her with some of her lies posted on her FB page she responded that her partner must of wrote them

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
This is a very sad situation. I hope that, despite the rescue clearly not being one of the best, the puppies end up alright in the end. Yes, things could have been handled better by multiple parties, and yes, this is definitely not the best-case scenario, but it's done now.

If you are so inclined to, you might be able to contact your local police department and ask about the laws on this sort of thing. It is very possible that you are completely stuck, but just maybe there is something you can do legally. At the very least, it might be beneficial for the police/animal control to be informed about this situation so that they can have a record in case something like this happens again with someone else. I would think that the rescue completely lying about the origin of the puppies is enough for someone to want to look into it, but maybe not. ASPCA anyone?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
how should I proceed from here? is there still time to recover pups and is it possible without her cooperation? at this point she seems more concerned with what i said about her and defending herself than the puppies well being.
my main concern is with the mother. she seems better although still has some swelling of her mammeries. i was told to limit her food,try to make sure she doesnt lick them and keep an eye out for them turning hard and red and other signs of infection. she seems better about absence of pups although when my other dog grabbed a squeeker toy earlier she got upset since it sounds like a pup.
she must of been crate trained because she went into my males crate yesterday and seemed to appreciate the sensory deprivation because she seemed to relax a lot inside it. its really hot in la this week (supposed to reach 107 today) so its hard to tell if she is being lethargic or panting for reasons other than the oppresive heat. i tend towards hypochondria and my fiance is worse and everything seems fine with her outside the discomfort from her mammeries

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
so now im getting texts from this woman calling me a liar (ironic)
everything she has written about this situation is a lie. i didnt refuse to surrender mother, i didnt not want the puppies. its true i was concerned about having enough food for mom but there were better solutions available then seperation. i offered one: leave the pups here and help me out with some food.
this lady has to be mentally ill. i have all the trxt messages between us leading up to me surrendering pups.
while writing this she has continued to text lies and gibberish to me and when i confronted her with some of her lies posted on her FB page she responded that her partner must of wrote them

Well you have my correspondence with her now (I have copied and saved in case removed and cam PM it to you)

See what you can do with this. Call animal control and any other authorities and registered rescues (501c registered), even humane society for advice)
This person only has 90 followers, so they might be new or have several "rescue" pages under assumed names.

Dam craigslist. Sigh.

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
Most recent post on her FB page...."My beautiful 7 dwarfs ORPHANED German shepherd pups are thriving and doing amazing .... My goodness are they getting BIG !
Orphaned bottle babies are the best"

This post has been removed from her page. I believe there was 4 posts, now 2 about the pups.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Gator (and anyone else who has commented or written the rescue), I'm sure your intentions are good ones but let's keep in mind that all we are essentially going off of is hearsay. We only have the story that the OP has provided us, and the rescue only has what the foster person provided them.

The rescue absolutely appears shady, but to me, there are things on both sides that don't add up.
yeah thats a good point in situations like this, as more often than not both sides of a story will be edited to reduce blame and put that person in the best light. its something we can all fall victim of. that being said i cant think of anything i left out or changed that would be pertinent here, i told the story as it happened. i took blame where i felt i deserved it and didnt place any undeserved blame on anyone else. you watched it unfold in real time: when this thread started i was still with puppies and hadnt spoken to or considered a rescue. so its not like i created a "look what these shady people did to me" thread.
id be happy to clear up anything that doesn't add up and i actually have all the text conversations between me and the woman from the rescue.
this isn't about me or the rescue. i really dont know much about this woman and my or her character is not whats realy important. if puppies cant be recovered i can hope for the best and put my focus and energy into continuing to ensure moms recovery and working with her and my other dog to ensure they are happy healthy dogs. it will always bother me i was as naive as i was with this and will serve as an important life lesson for me going forward

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
thank you i will do this right away.

do you think this is someone well intentioned but misguided or someone profiting from this? i dont know a grest deal how rescues operate and what potential there is to exploit something like this profit. i hope its the former and the puppies find good homes.

·
Super Moderator
2,457 Posts
General Reminder.

For this thread to stay open, everyone posting has to follow forum rules or things will be closed or removed.

Don't paste/post private messages publicly.

Don't swear.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
at the very least her website should more accurately reflect the situation as she has continued to text me defending herself from the allegations that she wrote puppies were abandoned or that i didn't want them. she acknowledged i wanted pups and tried to keep them with mom but she said she couldn't do it because i didn't qualify as a foster for her rescues so therefore pups had to be taken. i can understand fosters needing to be financially stable but you think they could of bent the rules here. not to mention my situation is not so dire and could of made it work for the six weeks. i also have family help available if needed in emergencies.
hopefully we can all a lesson here.

81 - 100 of 125 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.