German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I met this guy when I was up there last week collecting another dog. His hold time wasn't up then or I probably would have thrown good sense to the wind and taken him as well. He's just adorable and so so so sweet. He was found running around the parking lot at the shelter.

Petfinder link

<span style="color: #3333FF">From Petfinder:

Please contact Nancy ([email protected]) for more information about this pet.

Ross County Humane Society (740)775-6808

Fester is a stray around 7-8 months old. He is a sweet dog with a great temperament.

Spay/neuter required, we will pay for spay/neuter if you use a vet on contract with our shelter. All purebreds will be altered before adoption. Adoption fee is $65 which includes dog license. Please visit our website http://www.rosscountyhumanesociety.org for shelter phone number and directions.

Our shelter takes in mostly strays. We cannot tell you if the dogs are housebroken, good with kids, crate trained, good with cats,chase balls, etc. We can tell you about their overall temperament

Each dog entering our shelter receives a 7-way shot, kennel cough vaccine and wormer.</span>

This shelter is out in the middle of nowhere and I don't think they get many adoptions but I found them extremely rescue friendly and wonderful to work with. Approved rescues pay a $10 pull fee which includes the vaccine. This puppy is just a doll - very friendly, very lovable. If anyone is interested, I highly recommend contacting them ASAP!

Hannah

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Re: Chillicothe OH, Fester, 7 months-darling black pup

Bump for this handsome baby!!!

·
Registered
5,363 Posts

ACK - somebody please get him out of there! Five years ago I indicated my interest in a black pup at Chillicothe and promised I would make arrangements to drive down to get him if he didn't adopt within the week. When I called them 3 days later to find out how he was, they had already killed him. Black puppies do not fare well there.

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I know. Didn't we lose another one there not too long ago?

I will say, I found the woman I dealt with to be extremely helpful and kind and very easy to work with. I was pulling another black GSD and they couldn't have been nicer - even let me give her a bath in their tub.

I'm sure they would love to get this baby saved! They have a lot of dogs (many more than what's on the site) and I'm sure time is limited.

·
Registered
280 Posts

Someone please help this baby. This is the shelter I pulled the 4 puppies from. If you don't remember, two died from parvo and the other two struggled with parvo and kennel cough. Although the staff is very friendly and helpful they are overloaded and the facility is small.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts

Bump for this beautiful boy!!

·
Registered
24,301 Posts

Chillicothe was featured on 60 Minutes for how bad the economy was there.

Who the heck names a puppy Fester though????? That's just disgusting. Festus maybe...

Anyway...for anyone wondering about Black GSDs...
http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/ubb...&gonew=1#UNREAD

I mean-could they get any better than that!?!?

·
Registered
342 Posts

Isn't there any help for this little guy?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Re: Chillicothe OH, Fester, 7 months-darling black

Originally Posted By: JeanKBBMMMAANChillicothe was featured on 60 Minutes for how bad the economy was there.
it is also home town of "puppy mill central" - Petland Corporate HQ

·
Registered
280 Posts

bump

·
Registered
4,613 Posts

What an adorable pup!

·
Registered
4,613 Posts

Bump!

·
Registered
7,290 Posts

I will call on Wednesday and ask about him. Also, Rin Tin Tin is on this shelter site, I remember seeing a thread about him over a week ago but can't find it now. Does anyone know the status of him? I'll inquire about him also.

·
Registered
7,290 Posts

Good news on both fronts. Spoke to the shelter just now and Fester was adopted and Rin Tin Tin was pulled by a rescue.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts