German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Chauncey, Oh - Toto, Returned to shelter

Has me a little worried. Does that mean a dog that is comfortable being in a fenced backyard or a dog that will be running loose? Don;t these shelters interrogate people at all?

PS; Can you load the pics, I don;t have Flickr/PhotoBucket.

·
Registered
5,483 Posts

Probably a dog being comfortable in a backyard. Often the shelter's hands are tied when it comes to adopting out dogs. It all depends on whether the county supports them in having certain standards or not. I've seen a lot of people go to bat for the dog and turn the bad adopter down only to get raked over the coals by their bosses later.

This is one of the reasons that I'm always much more relieved to see dogs go to rescue - where hopefully there are higher standards - than be adopted locally. Local adoptions can be good but most shelters simply don't have the resources or the ability to do the rigorous checks that rescues can.

If the dog is listed on Petfinder, you can link the pictures from there without using photobucket or Flickr, but if you're still having problems cut and pasting the code under properties, photobucket is free, so that might be another option. You'd have to download and then upload the pics, but it would at least allow you to post pictures instead of having to wait for someone else to do it.

·
Registered
4,972 Posts

I was here a few days ago and was adopted. They brought me back because I am a house dog, and they wanted an outside dog. The first time a storm came along, I got loose because I was so terrified! They felt sorry for me.

I am very, very housetrained. I WILL NOT MAKE A MESS IN YOUR HOME. I am a true gentleman as well as a giant. If you have been searching for the world's mostest best dog, look no further!! I am magnificent in more ways than one!!

·
Registered
3,996 Posts

Poor TOTO to get adopted then returned. So many people just want a guard dog and leave them tied up outside.......

·
Registered
3,825 Posts

This poor boy. I wont even say what I am thinking about the people that returned him.

·
Registered
443 Posts

My gosh, I love having my GSD inside. She is so sweet and loving, I can't see that going to waste by putting her outside all the time. I bet this guy is the same way. Poor boy, he is so sweet looking. This just breaks my heart.

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Site says Adopted! Hopefully, this one will be a good fit because they knew beforehand that he is scared of storms and wants to be inside.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts