German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A BT friend visited the shelter and wrote me that there is a longhaired GSD male there too, in addition to the other GSD already posted.

His name is Titus.

Thank you all for your time.

Sincerely,

Dorothy
Etowah Valley Humane Society
Cartersville, GA

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Re: Yet another Cartersville, GA GSD--LH Titus!

This handsome dog came in as a stray. We can't believe his owner never bother to look for him. Titus is a lively and eager to please boy. Extremely affectionate towards people and gets along with other dogs. He enjoys giving kisses as much as receiving them. He demands attention and then asks for more. Titus appears to be of Eastern European heritage; a beautiful big teddy bear of a dog. His long, beautiful coat needs about 30 mins of brushing once a week to keep shedding to a minimum. Sheds heavily in spring and fall, then it may require a quick daily brushing. Strenuous daily exercise is recommended. Long walks on a leash or runs in a fenced-in area are sufficient. Titus is about 5-6 yrs old and is waiting for a family of his own. Can you provide this outstanding K-9 companion a safe, loving forever home? The adoption fee on this dog is $125.00. He is up to date on Distemper/Parvo shots and Rabies vaccination, dewormed (tapeworms, hookworms and whipworms) and he has been heartworm tested (he is negative). He also has been neutered. The adoption fee includes microchip and microchip registration. You will also receive a coupon for free vet check done by a participating veterinarian. If you are interested in adopting this boy, please go to our website at http://www.etowahvalleyhumane.org to apply as soon as possible. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. If we receive more then one application for the same dog we will be contacting applicants in the order we receive the applications. We apologize for not being able to contact everyone.

·
Registered
12,142 Posts

Bump!

I have to say I'm worried that a poster said the "female at this shelter" was put down...............

the mother/daughter bonded pair are at Bartow! (which is the AC side of this facility....making them more urgent)

·
Banned
28 Posts

This dog appears to be a Terveuren (Belgian Shepherd). Perhaps those who rescue purebred Terveuren's should be contacted immediately. Not of the best breeding? Perhaps. Then again, most of the GSD's I've seen here aren't of the best breeding either.

I'm surprised the "BT friend" didn't recognize considering the ears, head, nose, body, markings, coat/undercoat.

Titus (from the Petfinder site):

Terveuren Photo: (could be the boy above in a few short months with just a little TLC.)

Beautiful animal. It would be a shame to label him a GSD or L/C GSD or GSD mix. So many dogs are labeled "GSD" or "GSD mix" when they aren't. Hence the reason there is such a high number of "GSD" bites?

People knowledgeable in identifying breeds are sorely needed in the Animal Shelter world.

·
Registered
525 Posts

The local Tervuren rescue has been to see him and says he is a LH GSD.

·
Banned
28 Posts

So I saw and read which is why I posted and specified in my post that it may be a badly bred Terv as are many of the GSD's posted here, and posted photos.I could very well be wrong in my assesment. I digress.

Nevertheless, let's hope this beautiful animal is rescued and placed in a forever home soon and not waste space on personal issues.

Whether you're a long coat GSD or a Terv, good luck Titus.

I'm going back to just reading and acting when/where I can without fanfair.

·
Registered
152 Posts

I hope someone can help this gorgeous dog! My current foster, yellow lab Benson, made the long journey across the country to Spokane, WA because of Dorothy's hard work - she truly cares about these homeless dogs.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts

I am definitely not an authority on Tervs, but he looks all LH GSD to me. He is gorgeous.

·
Registered
9,025 Posts

I've been told that with a Terv (from the Terv people at my dog club), in comparison with a GSD, the body is more square, legs straighter/stands square, tail held down to leg, and ears more triangular. Chest hair is very long and black, toes light, and tip of tail dark. Also the head is longer and more narrow than a shepherds and the chest is more narrow.

So since the Terv rescue said he is not a Terv but a LH GSD, the vet said he was a LH GSD, and almost everyone who has seen his picture thinks he is a LH we will leave him as such for now and leave him here on the "Urgent" thread for rescue.

·
Registered
525 Posts

He still needs rescue!

Bumping him back to the top!

·
Registered
9,147 Posts

Another BUMP for this stunning boy, Titus. He's absolutely gorgeous.

·
Registered
525 Posts

Don't forget about this gorgeous boy!

·
Registered
15,138 Posts

Well if that isn't a LC GSD then I have 3 Trev's in my house that I purchased as LC GSD's. I would guess that a Trev people would know even a poorly bred Trev.

Val

1 - 20 of 28 Posts