German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm new to this forum and found really nice information on this site. I just adopted this dog few days ago its a 3 month old German shephred mix with "shelter thinks pitbull?".

I would like to get some feedback from you guys here.

What mix you think my puppy is?

Also any tips on training this dog would be great.

thanks all.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Not sure on his mix, but he sure is cute..:wub:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Can't help you on the mix, doesn't look like a Pit mix to me. But search clicker training on here for ideas with training.

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
Beautiful new pup! Always hard to guess the mixes specially when they are young!

Tons of great info in our puppy section! Make sure to keep updating us as she grows!

·
Registered
693 Posts
The first pic looks pit-like to me. There are some pits that have narrower faces, or it could be that it's not a 50%/50% mix, but has some pit somewhere, possibly mixed with lab, then gsd to get the ear effect. Hard to tell!

Having raised a few pups to dogs now, I would recommend that you enroll in a group obedience class right away, and get the dog out into the world to see as many people, other dogs, cats, squirrels etc. as you can, so she can learn from an early age how to behave nicely around those other creatures. It's way harder to fix something than to prevent it by simply getting out into the world with the dog.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can't take her out yet because she only got rabbies shot and first bordetella shot or something like that. The shelter told me not to let her out until she gets her 2 other shots. is that correct?

Thanks everyone. I'm going to start clicker training today

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Btw her fur by her nails are like one black one white. I will take pic tonight. Could that be a clue or something?

I just want to find out to see how it will look when she grows :) and learn more about her.

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Btw her fur by her nails are like one black one white. I will take pic tonight. Could that be a clue or something?

I just want to find out to see how it will look when she grows :) and learn more about her.
I dont think the toe nail coloring is a clue. My GSD/Husky mix has a couple white toe nails and some black ones too.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.