German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who have given Adequan and it was effective, do you remember at what point (number of shots) that you were pretty sure it was taking effect and not just wishful thinking?

He’s Had his 5th and due for his sixth in 2 days. Today was pretty warm though mostly shade for his walk. He normally self regulates how far to walk. Usually stops and turns around to go back to the car. Today, He just kept walking. He doesn’t like the heat much either never has. Then when loaded back in the car, he was panting a little but his eyes were wide, round and bright, not the slitty eyes that I have interpreted as him being uncomfortable.
Two doses ago I thought I noticed something but nothing real definitive.

Anyone remember at what dose it became effective for your guy/gal?

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So then my initial hoping that something could be happening and now what I’m seeing is the beginning signs of it kicking in. Thanks, this is good!!! :)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I had written about Clipper getting the adequan shot, "clipper got his first adequan shot".
Not sure how to link it! clipper was 12 when we started him and it really did help him!

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@readaboutdogs, thank you, I found it easy enough. Looks like results started after the 3rd dose and continued improvement. I read your thread entirely. What you were describing at the 3, 4 5th dose is what I’m seeing. Quicker to get up and more perk in his eyes. I appreciate your reply. You took good care of Clipper.

·
Registered
837 Posts
We just started Joey on Adequan yesterday, and am keeping good thoughts that he’ll soon feel well enough to get into the car a lot easier.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts