German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I know the answer to this, but I want to hear from professionals, not people who sell stuff.

Our yard is taking a pee spot beating. There are several additives on the market to combat the nitrogen that burns and kills the grass in high volumes, as in doggie urine.

I can't imagine this is good for the dogs urinary system, and I don't want to hurt my dog or give him some side effect.

Anyone have any input here that supports putting this into their water?

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Follow him around and just pour some water on the spots he pees on. It will dilute the urine. It's really the only way to effectively avoid the yellow spots. It's annoying at first, but you get used to it.

Either that or load up on grass seed in the fall.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Invest in a nice retractable hose and follow the spots :). No need to treat the dog.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I have been told but never tried it, but a teaspoon of tomato soup a day will stop it

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
i use the mind over matter approach. i don't mind and it doesn't matter.
Lol! Yep. My yard is full of pee spots. When one of my dogs died last week, it put the lawn into a much greater perspective. She always chose to poo directly between the path from my truck to the front door. I think she watched my sidestep to judge my commitment to her. Today, I came home from work. Perfect lawn, perfect path, from truck to porch. And you know what, the lawn didn't matter. She mattered.

Today, I would trade every poo bomb, every yellow spot, just to watch her walk.

That's too emotional... Sorry. Again, just pull out the garden hose and save your lawn! :)

·
Registered
457 Posts
There is some stuff that you can buy to spray spots with, it helps and kinda dyes it back green too. Don't remember the name but you should be able to get it at a garden store. I have used it when having a backyard party. The rest of the time, I just water often and keep my dogs potty breaks in the back yard

·
Registered
457 Posts
Lol! Yep. My yard is full of pee spots. When one of my dogs died last week, it put the lawn into a much greater perspective. She always chose to poo directly between the path from my truck to the front door. I think she watched my sidestep to judge my commitment to her. Today, I came home from work. Perfect lawn, perfect path, from truck to porch. And you know what, the lawn didn't matter. She mattered.

Today, I would trade every poo bomb, every yellow spot, just to watch her walk.

That's too emotional... Sorry. Again, just pull out the garden hose and save your lawn! :)

I know what you mean, when my last dog died in the winter, I just could not bring myself to pick up that last poo spot. Must of been a month before I did.

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yah, I think I'm gonna do the water it after he pees thing. I don't want to give my guy something that changes his chemical composition. Who thought of that anyhow? It's kind of crazy.

I'll scalp and reseed the yard each fall before winter. We have such rough winters in California. HAHA>

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
Dog rocks.....I had a pet rock named Moby...best down/stay ever.

SuperG

·
Banned
398 Posts
Been talking about urine all day today. Giving advice on years old threads, without realising it. Lol... Natural 100% water Rocks have been flooding the piss threads today. I thought it was strange multiple people had this same issue today, posting in diff threads. I guess if you pay to be a vendor, its not spam.Still wondering what they actually do? Dogs urine stain grass because it has a normal pH which is inclined to be acidic... I wonder what the rocks do?

·
Banned
398 Posts
SuperG wants some free Rocks to name. If you send him some, and they work, I am sure he will both name it, and recommend 100% natural rocks in future threads. He can also explain to us, what exactly they do. Because spam bot, does not seem to be interested in replying without a copy paste, post.

·
Registered
9,794 Posts
move to Florida, nothing kills this terrible grass down here
Oh yeah? I guess I need to come to Boca Raton, because there are plenty of P spots in my yard :D

·
Registered
9,794 Posts
Hi

Just thought I would let you all know about Dog Rocks.
They are 100% natural rock that is placed into the dogs water bowl and prevents urine burn marks on your lawn.

They do not affect the PH of your dogs urine, they simply act as a filter to the water, filtering out excess nitrates (which cause the burn patches).

Check out Dog Rocks - stop lawn burn patches and fertilizes your lawn for more info, or feel free to ask if you have any questions :)
Yeah, but you guys say a dog has to be on kibble for your product to work.
There is no way I am switching from meat just because of yellow spots.

·
Banned
398 Posts
Yeah, but you guys say a dog has to be on kibble for your product to work.
There is no way I am switching from meat just because of yellow spots.
Not just that. Does not change the fact that a health dogs urine, is naturally acidic. Furthermore, even if this did somehow 'mirculously' work. As Sunflowers said. Why change my dogs 'health balance' for my grass.

I think a better product, would be magic rock sprinkle dust. Specifically marketed for grass health.

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
SuperG wants some free Rocks to name. If you send him some, and they work, I am sure he will both name it, and recommend 100% natural rocks in future threads. He can also explain to us, what exactly they do. Because spam bot, does not seem to be interested in replying without a copy paste, post.

I only pay for my rocks.....

SuperG

1 - 20 of 22 Posts