German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has always been in love with GSD since she was a little girl. Our current dog is a 2 year old 22lb King Charles Cavalier. He's friendly with bigger dogs but is absolutely the gentlest thing you ever saw. No fight or aggression in him at all. He's a lap dog who loves to go for runs with me in nearby fields and woods.

He's used to living with an older female beagle, who passed away 3 months ago at 15 years old.

Would love to add a female GSD puppy from a reputable breeder. Should I be concerned about the well being of my Cavalier with a growing playful GSD?

Thanks for any input

Here's a pic.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
What a pretty girl! No, introduced and monitored correctly, large and small dogs co-exist. Find a good reputable breeder who can work with matching you and your family with a dog that will fit best. That breeder will also offer you input and suggestions on introducing another pup to your family to help make the transition go smoothly
Good luck in your search!

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
i think your cute King Charles will be fine. i actually think your King Charles wil be the boss. there was a King Charles in our puppy class. his name is Teddy. Teddy was sponky. he played really rough with this Doberman puppy. all of the dogs in this were 9 weeks to 11 weeks old. i like those King Charles. i also like the contrast of a big dog and a small dog together. you and your family are going to have so much fun with two dogs. good luck. get a Black and Red Shepherd. the color will go great with your King Charles.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I don't think you have to worry. I have a 2yo Yorkie and a 11w pup. Everything is great!

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Oh my gosh......the Cavilier's are sooooo cute. That is a breed I may consider when I'm too old to handle a GSD.
I just love them.

Beautiful picture!!!!!!

·
Registered
859 Posts
Since I have the following mix:

<ul>[*]100 lb male GSD [*]85 lb female GSD [*]25 lb female American Eskimo [*]4.5 lb female Pomeranian [/list]
My guess is you shouldn't worry at all

1 - 8 of 8 Posts