German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
9 months old. I got her on level ground and off of the Grooming table for a stack. Maybe this will enable better critiques. I know before she was kind of scrunched up on the grooming table.

They are not the best stacks [she decided to look abused and not hold her head or ears up no matter how much baiting I did] but you can see her topline much better.

These two here outter hind leg is not in the proper position. I know what is wrong with the stacks, but I decided not to bother her anymore today. Hopefully these will be ok.

Headshots

Hopefully those are better.

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
In the last stack her front legs look perfectly positioned. The back ones I would move each one back a little farther. It's hard to tell though I know. I "understacked" Nikon's rear for forever until I got some mirrors for practice.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, her back outter legs are definitely not placed correctly LOL. She was not having any of this stacking nonsense today.

·
Registered
15,138 Posts
Much better than on the grooming table.

In the stack pictures under the window, as Lies said the second one her frontend is perfect. Now the first one the back up leg is almost there, the foot neds to go back just a bit, the back toes on the far leg should be even with the knee. The near back leg you are over strething, she doesn't have the angles of a Showline so you are over doing the stack. If that makes sense. Watch her for a natural stack, odds are pretty good that with a little tweaking from that stance it would be perfect. LOL Cheyenne does really nice natural stacks some days and looks like crud when I try to stack her.

So her is what I seen. A very strong doggie type female, just the ones I like. Nice Nice tight feet. Love the dark eyes. Nice topline and long underline. Nice color and pigment. Pretty straight in the front shoulder but matches the rear so movement wise usually isn't as big of a problem as when one end over done.

These are just my opinions, I am not a conformation expert.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the Crit and tips!

It's like..you know how to stack but applying it [and to an uncooperative dog] is a whole 'nother story! LOL

·
Registered
15,138 Posts
It is getting better, just keep working. Try stacking her when you don't want to take pictures, just random times. Get her to hold the position, then walk her out of the stack and go play. When you walk her out of the stack, it is control and the play is the reward.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts