German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ace 3-17-08 – 6-9-08

The unthinkable happened.
Yes he was just 12 weeks old when he left this world… This seems so cruel and unfair…
Tears just don’t stop… This was not supposed to be this way…

Ace was a perfect puppy that came to live with us just four weeks ago. In the few short weeks that he was here he learned to be housebroken (took just a few days), sit, stay & down… He was getting really used to us and we were all in love with him. Everything was going well until morning of 6-8-08, at about 5AM Ace threw up and after that he was walking around but was very wobbly... At 8 AM we were at the vet’s office… They did a complete blood panel test and took an x-ray all results came back normal including his blood pressure and temperature, still Ace was wobbly and disoriented… They started giving him an IV & antibiotics. At 5:00 PM we picked him up and it looked like he was improving (still wobbly, but not as much). At home it looked like Ace was feeling better, he was eating and drinking (urinating & defecating) was a bit more alert and seemed playful. Next morning we went back to our veterinarian so he can take another look at him… they agreed that it looked like things were improving (although they still were not sure what was causing the problem the previous day, strong suspicion was that it was something neurological since that will cause wobbliness and instability) Rest of the day things seemed to continuously get better (eating, drinking, playing etc). Sunday at about 5:00 AM Ace threw up again, right after he threw up he became wobbly and disoriented again, few minutes after that he was unconscious…
This was Sunday and our regular veterinarians office is closed, not wanting to waist any time we rushed into Animal Emergency Center (happens to be located a few miles from my house and they have some of the best specialty vets on staff) Ace was admitted immediately and they stared doing all possible tests that they could on him (everything was coming back normal except his temperature & blood pressure was dropping) Since non of the test gave them any indication of what was going on, all vets at the hospital agreed the problem is neurological. Ace was scheduled CAT scan and spinal tap for Monday morning. We were getting continues updated from the hospital through the day and night, but Aces vital signs were getting worse. At 6:00 AM we got a call from the hospital and they said that they do not believe that Ace would wake up from anesthetics if they administered them before the CAT scan. We had no choice but to agree with the doctor and let Ace go. We drove to the hospital to see our friend for the last time and say good bye.

Ace had a private cremation and his ashes are with us now. They will now remain with us forever next to <u> my best friend Wolfy</u> whom we lost just 3 month ago.

I went back and spoke with the doctors; only possible explanation that they can offer is that Ace had a neurological problem (tumor or infection that attacked his brain)

I spoke with the Aces breeder (who I know and trust) and now know that all other puppies are doing fine.

I know that times numbs the pain, however it is extremely difficult to accept what has happened. Just 12 weeks does not and should not equal to a lifetime.

My little friend you will be forever missed, always loved and never ever forgotten. Run free and until we meet again.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Oh how heartbreaking, his life with you was just beginning. I am glad that his short life was filled with love from you. Run free little Ace.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I am so sorry. Rest in Peace Ace, you were a sweet angel.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
He was just a baby, this is so sad. R.I.P Ace.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
I'm so sorry you lost your beautiful baby, it just doesn't seem fair to lose them at such a young age. I'm so glad he was able to spend his short life being loved and spoiled by you and your family.

Rest in Peace Baby Ace, run free with Wolfy at the Bridge.

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
I am so very very sorry to hear of your loss. You must be in shock. Its so unfair when we loose them, especially when they are so young. Again, I'm sorry.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
What a heartbreaking story. I'm so terribly sorry. He was a beautiful puppy, and you filled his short time on earth with love.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
How very sad. My deepest condolences.

·
Super Moderator
32,336 Posts
What an unbelievably sad story, to have lost little Ace so young, and so soon after Wolfy. I'm so sorry.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
How awful - it's hard enough to lose them at any age, but absolutely devastating when their life is just beginning. Rest in peace, Ace

<span style="color: #663366">Rosebud

When God calls little puppies to dwell with Him above,
We humans always question the wisdom of His love.
For no heartache can compare with the loss of one small 'child',
Who does so much to make this world seem wonderful and mild.

Perhaps God tires - always calling the aged to His fold,
And so He picks a rosebud before it can grow old.
God knows how much we need them and so He picks but few;
To make the land of heaven more beautiful to view.
Believing this is difficult, yet somehow we must try,
For the saddest word that mankind knows will always be "good-bye".

And so when little pups depart;
We, who are left behind, must realize how much God loves puppies....
For angels are hard to find.

Author Unknown </span>

·
Registered
411 Posts
I am so sorry you lost your sweet boy. Many many hugs.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
How devastating, I am so very sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
9,438 Posts
How heartbreaking... Not only to lose this beautiful young puppy, but to have lost Wolfy only a short time ago. I am so sorry. My thoughts are with you...

·
Registered
11,280 Posts
OMG my heart goes out to you and your family
Ace was aboutely gorgeous!! the short time he had in this world he was lucky to have you all to love him.
I can't stop crying. my deepest sympathies

1 - 20 of 32 Posts