German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see Acana has a new formula coming out called Ranchlands. I was unable to get the ingredient list to download. Can someone copy and paste it onto this site??

Champion Petfoods | ACANA

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
It won't work for me either. Sorry!

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Me either, but I'll be SUPER happy if it just has the beef, bison, and lamb!! I'm always stuck with foods because Elsa is allergic to chicken and has a sensititivy to fish...with eliminates 99% of dog foods.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Does anyone know what the max calcium is on the Acana grain free foods?

Their web site doesn't say (or I can't find it).

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Does anyone know what the max calcium is on the Acana grain free foods?

Their web site doesn't say (or I can't find it).
They have the min listed at 1.8%. Seems pretty high compared to orijen and their other grain free formulas. I wonder why that is and what the max amount is...?

·
Registered
196 Posts
They have the min listed at 1.8%. Seems pretty high compared to orijen and their other grain free formulas. I wonder why that is and what the max amount is...?
That is a lot higher than the other formulas of Acana as well. I wonder if there could be a typo or something. At least the chicken based formula is at a great level for a large breed pup.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
Interesting. My dog has had soft stools on the new Orijen 80/20. I wonder if a change to Acana would help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Acana is probably the best manufacturer of dog food, as they consistently confirm excellent quality, leadership in the production of animal food in the super-premium segment. Unlike other companies and international corporations that sell, rather than produce, they constantly innovate.

There are five natural principles for all Acana feed formulas that fundamentally distinguish them from other brands:
1. A Variety of Fresh Meats. Acana's feeds are literally saturated with the natural variety of fresh, non-frozen meats — including valuable red meats, chicken, turkey, whole eggs, and free-caught fish.
2. More meat. More animal proteins. Dogs and cats are not vegetarians. They biologically require high protein meat foods. Therefore, in Acana feeds, 50% -75% of the composition is meat ingredients - almost twice as much as in any other dog and cat foods.
3. Less carbohydrates. Biologically, dogs and cats need a very small amount of carbohydrates. Therefore, Acana feed contains half as little carbohydrate (up to 20-30%) than any other pet food. Steamed oats are the only low-glycemic and hypoallergenic source of carbohydrates in Acana diets.
4. A variety of fruits and vegetables. Instead of cereals not suitable for dogs and cats, Acana contains a large amount of fruits and vegetables (min. 20%) - a low-calorie source of vitamins, minerals, phytonutraceuticals and fiber.
5. Grass to strengthen the body and spirit. Acana feeds contain herbs collected by hand and selected by veterinarians, which remove toxins from the body, strengthen vital organs, glands and tissues.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts