German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nico is a 4 year old neutered, stomach tacked, sable GSD with EPI (he requires powder with every meal for this). He is up for adoption at East Atlantic County NJ Veterinarians in Absecon | Absecon Veterinary Hospital, East Atlantic County NJ Absecon Vet Hospital in Absecon NJ. I went today to try to adopt him, but my dog didn't get along with him. Nico was VERY sweet, playful, VERY HIGH ENERGY. He's been there since at least March, and I got conflicting stories from staff members but it seems he's been bounced around a lot. Supposedly he was given up for scratching the owners car. Then when someone else adopted him, he chased the cats too much so he ended up back at the shelter. Then someone else had him and the owners kids had issues so they dumped him back off at the shelter. When I went to see him he was SOOO happy to be outside, but it was very easy to see he wasn't getting the attention or exercise he really needs, he was stressing, and being in a cage is taking a toll on him. A little love and he'll make someone an amazing pet. I was sooo disappointed I couldn't adopt him. I really hope he finds a great home.

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
What happened to make you think that they would never get along?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
a few times they were sniffing and Nico escalated it quickly. forgot to mention also that at the end the shelter people told me he wasn't good with cats-he would "charge aggressively" at them and they "weren't sure what would happen if he ever got ahold of one" and I have 3 cats :-\

1 - 5 of 5 Posts