German Shepherds Forum banner

About ddr german shepherd

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Sabis mom 
#1 ·
Guys i have question, is the pure DDR, has new showline type. DDR is working dog but a breeders told me there is new type of ddr, it looks like a showline german shepherd but much bigger. Is that true? Should i classified DDR with workline or with showline?.if its not correct , Pls give me the name of your kennel because i need sth to prove. Thanks for you attentions.

#2 ·
DDR dogs should only be working line to my knowledge. Generally they are bigger, especially their heads, in comparison to the other working lines.

If you spend some more time looking at showline and working line dogs then you should be able to spot the difference with just a glance.

As well, I found it rather hard to understand what you were asking for in your post. A bit of structure or rephrasing might get some better responses from others that know more than I do.

#3 ·
The DDR no longer exists, so technically neither do the dogs. They are old bloodlines being studiously preserved by a handful of dedicated people and exploited by to many to name. The big square heads are their easiest visual identifier. The ones I knew were heavy boned, stocky dogs that were highly defensive with tons of fight. A showline dog either German or American is nothing even close.
They were the quintessential working dog, they cannot through modern practices be replicated. They were produced through absolute isolation and stringent, calculated control. The goal was a dog that as a tool was perfect, no quit, no give, no stop. A dog dedicated to it's job that would do that job or die trying.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.