German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a 5 month old German shepherd pup. My partner wanted her and refuses to do anything with or for her and I'm confused about her poop. I have a 10 month collie that has normal poop and she goes a couple of times a day and always has but my shepherd has really runny poop and poops HEAPS!!!! Easy 10 of hers to 1 of the collies. Anyone know why she's like this? I've tried different feeds and worked her and so on and nothing seems to fix it. Her poop also smells really really bad. Anyone have any idea what I can do to firm her up and slow her down a bit?

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Sorry you aren't getting help from your partner. Ok, so...what are you feeding her? You need to get a stool sample into a vet to check for parasites, giardia could also be the culprit. What is her history, where/how did you get her?

All that info would help with getting advice :) Good luck, keep us posted!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Are you sure she doesn't have any parasites? Get her in to the vet with a stool sample if you haven't already. If she comes back clean, no parasites, it is most likely the food causing issues. You may have to keep searching for a food that doesn't upset her stomach. Pure canned pumpkin can help firm things up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts