German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
The only way he will relax is if he knows you will protect him in all situations. That way he can differ to you when that happens so you don't backslide on all of the hard work you have put in with him. I know it's easy for me to say, as I am a large guy that would not hesitate to square up with a large individual dog while putting my dog behind me. I would suggest jogging with pepper spray, and if any dogs run at you let them have it. If animal control is non existent around there and the guy seemed decent last time, I'd go talk to him and give him fair warning about what happened while saying next time you will need to protect yourself and your dog.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Originally Posted By: midnight804Is it unusual for previously leash aggresaive dogs to "relapse" like this after being harrassed or traumatized?
It's not unusual for any dog that is attacked in some way to be reactive moving forward. It may not be unusual for a dog to instigate with other dogs moving forward. A dogs natural viewpoint is that the best defense is a good offense, which most people do not understand which leads to fear aggression being interpreted incorrectly so often.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.