German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hubby wanted me to ask if anyone here knew why Wolfie does this certain thing every time either he or my son comes home. When he walks in the door, Wolfie will greet him, then go get a bone and bring it to him, dropping it at his feet. It's like he's giving him a welcome home gift. LOL. He doesn't do this to me, though.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Kain does this exact thing with me as well. He'll grab an antler chew or another toy and drop it at my feet. When I go to pick it up, he'll grab it and run. He's playing 'keep away' with it. He almost prances with it. He's a tease.:)

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kain does this exact thing with me as well. He'll grab an antler chew or another toy and drop it at my feet. When I go to pick it up, he'll grab it and run. He's playing 'keep away' with it. He almost prances with it. He's a tease.:)
That's cute! He wants to play :)

·
Registered
30,390 Posts
Gosh..who knows what might be going through Wolfie's head!? ;) Maybe it's a peace offering for when DH has to go pick up the firewood designs Wolfie has created.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wolfie is so strange the way he acts towards hubby. He plays this game where he will get a ball and give it to me. If I throw the ball, he won't get it, but if I give it to hubby and he throws the ball Wolfie will run and get it. Then he brings it to me. LOL! Another thing he does is when we are eating popcorn at night, if hubby is holding the bowl of popcorn, Wolfie will relentlessly try to swipe the popcorn from hubby. If I hold the bowl of popcorn, Wolfie will go lie down and not bother us. I think he thinks hubby is a toy.

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Well, in the world according to Lilie........have you ever seen someone that is really special to you that you just want to run up to an hug. Someone that makes your heart jump in your chest. Someone that when you see them you just have so much excitement inside you can barely contain your emotions, but know that you can't jump around and act like an idiot...so what do you do? Wolfie gets excited and knows that jumping and leaping and such isn't allowed. Therefore he grabs his bone and wants to let them know that he loves them sooooo much, he will share his most precious gift. "Aaaaahhhh, how can I ever let you know with out the ability to tell you?"

But with you, you must have some ability to get into his head. He knows how you feel, he doesn't need to attempt to communicate by offering a gift. Maybe you always stop what you are doing when you come in to let him know you missed him too. Where the rest of your family comes in and gives him attention secondary in their normal 'coming home routine".

Again, totally coming from "The World According to Lilie"......

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You might have something there, Lilie

·
Registered
728 Posts
My Pom, Beau, does that. He's really possessive over his chews, won't let anyone NEAR them and he has two secret stashes (that I know of!) to hide them all. So I know I must be special when he'll bring me a piece of a chew he's been working on all day and drop the slimey, disgusting thing on my shoulder while I lie in bed. It's the little things like a hideous spit-laden hunk of dead cow that really let you know you're loved...

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
I know that for my household, I'll walk in and put dogs out...bring dogs in...feed/work horses...turn on the dish washer...take clothes out of the dryer....put clothes in the washing machine....put something in the microwave....etc. but I'll talk to the dogs, and ask them if they are ready to go to the barn?...ready for dinner?...should I answer the phone?....where is your toy? etc. I'll carry on a conversation with them as I go through my normal routines. It's like cheating on giving them attention at the same time doing things that has to be done....

Hmmmm, what does that say about my social life? Something to ponder....

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
The first thing my dogs do when my husband comes home, beside howling, crying and barking like I've been mean to them all day, ;), is bring him a ball.

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Stosh fell instantly in love with our in-home dog trainer and every time she comes over, he runs and gets his favorite toy for her. We've gotten to be friends so when she's sitting here visiting, he can't understand why she's talking to me and not him so he rounds up every toy or chew thing and brings them to her to get her attention. It's really cute.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts