German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I’d share some photos and other stuff about my litter.

They were born 4/8 and took the mom to the vet the following morning. Everything a-okay. Took a few days to figure out how to feed all 7 comfortably. Turns out the 4x4 box was a little to small for her to lay out comfortably.

Mom and puppies did really well the first two weeks. Nice solid weight gain and eventually she got in a grove with the feedings.

Sire ended up getting in the room one afternoon and proceeded to check on all the puppies. Even stimulated them to go potty and cleaned them all up. (Ended up being a disaster on his end. Super messy poops for a couple days following.)

First vet visit at 2 weeks. No signs of deformities or anything. All puppies ended up being worm/parasite free. Obviously doing the proper dewormers as a preventative.

Smooth.. ish sailing through the 5th week. All right around 10lbs eating a nice mix of solid and softened kibble. Really starting to see some personality.

That’s about where we are, and see the attached photos for cuteness.

Bunch of images so here’s the imgur link for them.

https://imgur.com/gallery/RYucOlu

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Thats amazing. Your male GSD did the lick the puppies belly thing to make them poop. He must have had a load of oxytocin, the 'love hormone' on board. Thank you for the dose of overwhelming cuteness.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats amazing. Your male GSD did the lick the puppies belly thing to make them poop. He must have had a load of oxytocin, the 'love hormone' on board. Thank you for the dose of overwhelming cuteness.
He’s super cute. He’s good one on one but now that they’re all running around and stuff he starts stomping around like a baby horse or something and runs away lol.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know it wasn’t planned but they are the cutest puppies. Are you keeping one?
Yeah, we’re gonna keep the one that might be a LC that I’ve posted pics of.

Plus, we have one (female, yellow collar) that I’m trying to find a working home for. So I might end up keeping her until I can find the right place. A friend of mine is gonna come out next week, and hopefully they’ll get to bring their expert to look over the litter. Plus she’s gonna show me how to take some proper profile shots since I’m apparently incapable lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts