German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
LOL Smart man! I'd probably take the window over the dog, too!

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
That actually sucks.. You don't learn from death.

Wish they had a picture of the dog, they rarely do.. Because I doubt if it was an APBT he would have become frantic enough to bust out of a window.. They are not very intimidating.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
That actually sucks.. You don't learn from death.QUOTE]

doesn't suck if you ask me...one less piece of you know what walking this earth. good job doggie :)

·
Banned
5,921 Posts
That actually sucks.. You don't learn from death.

Wish they had a picture of the dog, they rarely do.. Because I doubt if it was an APBT he would have become frantic enough to bust out of a window.. They are not very intimidating.
They are to anyone who recognizes the dog as a "PIT BULL", I will bet!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I agree ABPTLOVE, you don't deserve to die for being stupid. Drugs are a terrible thing and cause people to lose all rational thought. It is a sickness. Now if he were hurting someone that would be a different story. This is just another sad reality of the times we live in.

·
Banned
5,921 Posts
I agree ABPTLOVE, you don't deserve to die for being stupid. Drugs are a terrible thing and cause people to lose all rational thought. It is a sickness. Now if he were hurting someone that would be a different story. This is just another sad reality of the times we live in.
If the burglar wasn't trying to rob someone, then he wouldn't have been chased by the dog and would not have bled to death!

Cheers to the pit!

You don't think that breaking in and stealing wasn't hurting someone?

·
Registered
130 Posts
None of my possessions are worth someone losing their life. Things are just things. Don't get me wrong, I would be very upset if someone broke into my home while we were gone but I wouldn't want them to die for it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
hes an adult, made his choice to knowing break into someones home, thank goodness no one was home besides the good dog. Someone who breaks into someones home there is no telling what he would have done if surprised by a homeowner. I say he deserved what he got and thank goodness the homeowner/animal wasnt hurt. He should not have been breaking into someones home. Apparently he has been in trouble before and hadnt learned from that.... I agree it is one less crimininal out there to do harm to others.

·
Banned
5,921 Posts
None of my possessions are worth someone losing their life. Things are just things. Don't get me wrong, I would be very upset if someone broke into my home while we were gone but I wouldn't want them to die for it.
You are a lot nicer than I must be then! It was their choice to break in! And the dog was only trying to protect his home - sorry for the burglar but it was his choice!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I don't blame the dog at all. He was only protecting his home. I just hate to see someone die because of stupidity (sp). And don't think I'm one of those bleeding heart liberals who opposes the death penalty. I just think the punishment should fit the crime. The guy made a really bad choice and he paid for it with his life.

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
I agree with Daydreamer, I do not blame the dog for anything, he was just doing what dogs do. I feel bad that the guy lost his life over a stupid choice. Had he been breaking in to harm someone or kill someone perhaps I could feel the same as others, but most people who break in to steal stuff, aren't the awful people some make them out to be. It just makes them feel better to do so.

He was someones son, or brother, or father. While what he did was wrong, while the homeowner or dog are not a fault, this doesn't mean the loose of a life over something meaningless is lessened by the means.

·
Banned
5,921 Posts
True - but drug addicts do commit a lot of crime. And who is to say what the guy might have done to the occupant if the dog had not been there.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
While no human other than the buglar was injured/killed, as the victim of a violent crime I have very little sympathy when someone doing something bad is injured, maimed, or killed. Today a home invasion ... tomorrow God only knows what can happen!

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Okay I need to go find out if I've been sent to a alternate universe.

I usually agree with and/or enjoy GSDolch's posts and more often than not disagree with and/or dismiss Codmaster's.

I find myself agreeing with Codmaster's statements here as well as others along the same venue or line of thought. As Codmaster pointed out, who's to say what would have happened if the occupant had been present. Too often burglary and drugs can lead toward worst circumstances down the road.

And this story Woman Hit With Crow Bar While Interrupting Burglary is an example of just that worst circumstance occuring.

:hugs: to Arycrest for having to endure something like that.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Unless someone has been given perscription drugs for a real illness and then becomes addicted, I have no sympathy for drug addicts.

People make a choice to do illegal drugs. The addiction that might follow is their fault, no one elses. He was hurting someone. He was hurting the family who lived in the house. When your home is invaded you don't just shrug it off, it can take a very long time to feel safe again. He hurt his own family and he put a financial burden on society. He didn't do anything to help the reputation of a dog breed either.

Did he deserve to die? Probably not, but he made stupid choices and no one is to blame but him.

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Okay I need to go find out if I've been sent to a alternate universe.

I usually agree with and/or enjoy GSDolch's posts and more often than not disagree with and/or dismiss Codmaster's.

I find myself agreeing with Codmaster's statements here as well as others along the same venue or line of thought. As Codmaster pointed out, who's to say what would have happened if the occupant had been present. Too often burglary and drugs can lead toward worst circumstances down the road.

And this story Woman Hit With Crow Bar While Interrupting Burglary is an example of just that worst circumstance occuring.

:hugs: to Arycrest for having to endure something like that.

I think my view differs greatly on this issue because I speak from experience on dealing with people like this. People are quick to jump to the "this today that tomorrow" and yes, it does happen, but all to often the cases of petty crimes usually don't hurt others other than it putting a hardship on the people he is effecting. The people who are hurt the most are themselves and their family.

My mothers side is riddled with people like this, in over 20 years of dealing with them and their "people" you begin to easily tell the difference from a "bad guy" and a "stupid guy". (believe me, I had to learn this at an early age for survival and sanity) Had the guy been planning something more, or more violent then I could get on the wagon.

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Did he deserve to die? Probably not, but he made stupid choices and no one is to blame but him.
I think this, he did make his own choices and sadly they lead to his death. While no one but him is to blame, I find it sad that he had to die for something so stupid.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts