I DO NOT AGREE WITH USING THIS COMPANY TO PURCHASE A DOG.
Heard this ad on the radio today!
And..... just in time to give for a Christmas present!!!!
These are snippets from some of the pages:
"The best gift is wrapped in fur. Reserve your puppy before 12/7/18 11:59pm PST. Holiday delivery excludes snub-nosed breeds. Puppy travel date is not guaranteed. Subject to XXXX travel requirements and airline restrictions. Speak with a Puppy Concierge to learn more."
"XXXXXX was specifically designed to connect you with the perfect puppy for you, no matter where in the country you or the breeder live. As a result, in most cases, the first time you meet your new best friend is when he or she arrives in your home. That said, our transparent process is specifically designed to eliminate all the scary unknowns that often accompany looking for a new puppy, whether you are looking online or offline."
"From the start of the process when we screen, vet and qualify every breeder in our network, to our unmatched health and vaccination protocols, we do everything to ensure you receive a healthy puppy from a responsible source. And, we back all of that with an industry-leading health guarantee." (no mention of hip x-rays or any other type of health testing of the Sire or Dam in the pages I read)
"Why are you so expensive?"
"Although, in many cases, our prices are comparable to or less than those you would find elsewhere, our goal is to be the best and safest place to find your new furry family member. As a result of the heavy investment we make in our technology and nearly 200 dog-loving team members across the country, we are not competing to be the cheapest place to buy your dog. What we do involves a lot more than just selling puppies. Beyond matching you with your perfect puppy, handling all of the logistics to get your puppy to you and providing an industry-leading health guarantee we also employ a full compliance team who screens, qualifies and regularly re-screens every active breeder in our network, as well as a team of health experts to make sure your puppy is in great shape before it leaves its breeder. We provide hands-on, personalized guidance throughout the entire placement process and are always just an email or call away. And, our customers can rest easily with our “No Puppy Mill Promise” and free lifetime support, which are all included in the exclusive package that accompanies every XXXXX puppy. All that allows you to focus on what really matters – preparing your home for your new best friend."
Here’s how it works:
We hand-select responsible breeders who meet the industry's highest standards.
You choose your perfect puppy and our puppy experts work with you to make sure it's a match.
You receive your healthy puppy backed by our industry-leading health guarantee and up-to-date on all vaccinations.
You start making memories with your new best friend and enjoy exclusive lifetime support from xxxxx.
We are puppy lovers ourselves and wish nothing would ever go wrong with any puppy, but a puppy's health is dependent on a number of factors like genetics, exercise, food & nourishment, and overall care that are not always within our control. While we can't guarantee that your puppy will never have a health problem, we can promise we will do our best to ensure your new family member is healthy from the moment he or she arrives home!
· What does this guarantee cover?
Before your puppy comes home he or she has undergone an extensive veterinary health check and his/her breeder has followed our vaccination and deworming protocols. This guarantee covers health issues that may arise after the arrival of your puppy. This guarantee only covers puppies who are delivered [and have continually resided] within the United States and/or Canada.
- Days 1-14: If, within 14 days of arrival, your puppy is found to have a contagious disease, illness, or parasite, XXXXX will provide you with reimbursement of reasonable and customary veterinary bills to treat such condition up to the purchase price of your puppy.
- Year 1: If within one year from the date of arrival from XXXXXX your dog is found and certified by two duly licensed doctors of veterinary medicine (any reference herein to a "veterinarian" shall be assumed to mean a "licensed doctor of veterinary medicine") of your choosing to have a congenital or hereditary condition which adversely affects the health of the dog, and if XXXXX is notified within five business days of the first veterinarian's determination, XXXXX will provide a replacement puppy of equivalent value or reimbursement of reasonable, documented, actually incurred veterinary expenses associated with such diagnosed condition up to the purchase price of your puppy.
- Years 2-10: For all breeds EXCEPT English Bulldogs, if, between the first and tenth anniversary of the date of arrival, your dog is found and certified by two veterinarians of your choosing to have a congenital or hereditary condition which adversely affects the health of your dog, and if XXXXX is notified within five business days of the first veterinarian's determination, XXXXX shall issue a credit toward the purchase of another puppy in the amount of reasonable, documented, actually incurred veterinary expenses associated with such diagnosed condition up to fifty percent of the purchase price of your puppy or, if you choose, a reimbursement of such amounts up to twenty-five percent of the purchase price of your puppy.
The following are not covered by this Guarantee:
- Cost of regular veterinary care, food, medicine, supplements, training, grooming, cleaning, or other costs of raising and owning a puppy.
- Injuries or accidents, including, but not limited to, ingestion of foreign matters, choking, falls, scrapes, bumps, bruises, bug bites, human inflicted injuries, run-aways, car related injuries, injuries, and illness or injury resulting from or related to veterinary procedures (e.g. spay or neuter procedures, tail docking, etc.).
- Behavior, personality, or temperament traits including, but not limited to potty training, chewing, digging, etc.
- Appearance, size, or other physical characteristics, breed standards, or aesthetic preferences.
- Hip dysplasia diagnosisin breeds that are known to be prone to hip dysplasia and are overweight or over exercised.
- Results of genetic testing.
- Contagious illnesses or parasites that are diagnosed more than 14 days after puppy's arrival.
- Hereditary diseases diagnosed more than 10 years after puppy's arrival.
- Any health claims diagnosed more than one year after puppy's arrival if puppy is an English Bulldog.
- Any of the following conditions diagnosed at any time in an English Bulldog: Cherry Eye, Entropion, "loose hips", skin allergies, elongated soft palate, small trachea, stenotic nares, and other normal conditions for English Bulldogs.
You wouldn’t believe the prices on some of these puppies!
A lot of the German Shepherds listed were touting “Champion Blood Lines”