German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my girl wants her 'own' dog.

She orig wanted a husky but now really wants a German. A female as we have a male now.

..so guess I'm on the look out for another pup. Don't think I'll find another $250 pure bread again tho..

I was shocked when she sat me down and told me. I thought she was prego for a second there :eek:

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
LMAO!!!! i think you can find another $250 GSD.... rescue?! NextDayPets.com has cheapo dogs if you're serious but i would say probably not a good idea. dunno. i catch myself looking on there every now and then but its cuz puppy pictures are adorable. i would lean towards rescue.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I want a pure bred. And it has to be a puppy as we have two cats.

I'm checking out rescue but pups I'm sure are hard to come by..

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Lots of GSDs in shelters are good with cats. Just ask. :)

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
same with in rescues. Rescues can be very helpful in locating a GSD in their group that would be good. A lot of GSDs in the rescues are good with everything believe it or not.

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
Well I want a pure bred. And it has to be a puppy as we have two cats.
Plenty of rescue dogs are raised with cats. Plenty of rescue dogs are good with kids, housebroken, and don't chew on the furniture or eat your shoes. Unlike a puppy which is a little landshark.

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Please don't pay $250 for a backyard bred dog.

Find a rescue or go to a reputable breeder.

Glad it wasn't something worse!

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
And it has to be a puppy as we have two cats.
It doesn't need to be a puppy simply because you have cats. I got both my dogs as adults and I've always had cats and never had any dog-cat issues.

A good rescue would be the best way to go.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Plenty of rescue dogs are raised with cats. Plenty of rescue dogs are good with kids, housebroken, and don't chew on the furniture or eat your shoes. Unlike a puppy which is a little landshark.
Agree 100%! :thumbup: You can find a purebred GSD through rescue that will fit your lifestyle. Just because you get a puppy it doesn't guarantee it will be good with cats.

Kristina

1 - 10 of 10 Posts