German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wolfie lifted his leg for the first time this morning! My boy is growing up!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
lol. i remember when Riley started lifting his leg. i was like "oh no.... here we go!" and he's been marking everything he can outside since. lol.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL! Wolfie aimed for the tree, but missed. It just went into the air. LOL

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
well thats better than nothing! he gets points for trying! he's got time to get the aim right!

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
This thread is funny! Go Wolfie! haha...

On a somewhat related note, I recently saw a female wolf at a local wolf research center do a double raised leg urination. Both rear legs came off the ground. It was so crazy!

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This thread is funny! Go Wolfie! haha...

On a somewhat related note, I recently saw a female wolf at a local wolf research center do a double raised leg urination. Both rear legs came off the ground. It was so crazy!
WOW! That's strange. Must have been weird looking.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Congrats! Mine never quite got the hang of raising his leg. Prolly because of his hip issues. Oh well, I have a girly man!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Yeah Wolfie!! :teary: Your baby is growing up.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
AWWW......he's growing up.....Jake lifted his INSIDE Petsmart two weeks ago, I could have died!!!!

·
Registered
906 Posts
Wolfie lifted his leg for the first time this morning! My boy is growing up!
Congrats!! Did he ever **** his leg a little bit? Brody is doing that now, he doesnt try to pee on anything like Wolfie did but I was just wondering if Wolfie started out like that!?

·
Registered
906 Posts
Hehe, I tried to write something but I guess it blocked it out...I guess I could say "tilt" his leg? lol

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Max is 2 y.o now and still hasn't lifted his leg. He does sidle up to bushes, trees, etc and kind of leans in. It looks pretty funny...

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congrats!! Did he ever **** his leg a little bit? Brody is doing that now, he doesnt try to pee on anything like Wolfie did but I was just wondering if Wolfie started out like that!?
No he never did try at all. I only saw our dog Chief do it a couple of times, and each of those times he peed on the wall when he saw the vet. He hated that vet and let him know it. Other than he always squatted. LOL. I thought Wolfie would always squat too.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Lycan had his first leg lift a few months ago. he still tends to squat quite often. He is NOT a girly man, just very secure in his masculinity.

Jelpy and the mesquite mafia

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Hand Stand Urination (HSU)

WOW! That's strange. Must have been weird looking.
I contacted Monty Sloan, world renowned wolf photographer (who just so happens to be based at Wolf Park- just 65 miles from my house) and he generously passed along a shot of Kailani (alpha female of the main pack) doing a HSU. This picture is used with permission. Enjoy this fairly rare shot! :)

This is Kailani marking her treat-filled pumpkin on Halloween. Wolf Park has a "buy a wolf a pumpkin" program where you can purchase a treat-filled pumpkin to help raise funds for the facility. It is not uncommon at all for the wolves to mark their individual pumpkin. I witnessed two of them actually defecate into their pumpkins! Talk about extreme marking... haha!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
I was going to ask if wolfie lifted his leg on his wood formations:))

·
Registered
337 Posts
I contacted Monty Sloan, world renowned wolf photographer (who just so happens to be based at Wolf Park- just 65 miles from my house) and he generously passed along a shot of Kailani (alpha female of the main pack) doing a HSU. This picture is used with permission. Enjoy this fairly rare shot! :)

This is Kailani marking her treat-filled pumpkin on Halloween. Wolf Park has a "buy a wolf a pumpkin" program where you can purchase a treat-filled pumpkin to help raise funds for the facility. It is not uncommon at all for the wolves to mark their individual pumpkin. I witnessed two of them actually defecate into their pumpkins! Talk about extreme marking... haha!
Thats CRAZY!!!! Very cool! Thank you for sharing that with us!!!

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Go Wolfie! Max started lifting a few months ago, needless to say hubby was like "that's my boy!" Of course you may have also read that Max lifted his leg on the Christmas tree :eek:. So far he only did it twice but now seems to leave it alone.

Wolfie...keep your leg down in the house, lol!

·
Registered
27,271 Posts
After reading the Christmas tree marking thread, I wondered what Karlo would do yesterday when we brought our freshcut one inside. He ignored it. Though I have floor houseplants and he's never marked them.
Karlo started lifting his leg at about 3 months! He peed on his leg and that was that. He isn't a big marker because I do correct him if he is doing it on leash. Though his first trip in to Pet supplies plus last month had him do it in the first isle. Too much temtation. Luckily, he didn't hit anything before I stopped him.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
AWWW......he's growing up.....Jake lifted his INSIDE Petsmart two weeks ago, I could have died!!!!
haha Dodger does that everytime we go in to Petsmart in fact it wouldn't be an official visit to Petsmart without him peeing on something haha.

YAY Wolfie!!! he's getting to be such a big boy. :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts