German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Go easy :) Just started doing suit bites off lead after getting his targeting consistent. Been really training for PSA for just the past few months. Helper has been doing helper work for maybe a month. Today was the first distractions and second time working not back-tied. Thoughts? Suggestions?

2013.06.29 Jäger Suitwork - YouTube

·
Registered
740 Posts
He's looking really good, Hunter!!

Keep at it and keep taking it slow like that and you guys are totally on the right track. He is not pulling nearly as much as he was in the last video you sent me! :)

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Looks really good!

I am in the process of switching over to PSA (from SchH) and will be working with a great trainer and your video just made me more excited! NICE WORK!

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Blacksnow, you or the club should have or get helmets also for some of the training scenarios.....the neck and head is exposed and although most dogs aren't threat....some of the more athletic can be close!

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Blacksnow, you or the club should have or get helmets also for some of the training scenarios.....the neck and head is exposed and although most dogs aren't threat....some of the more athletic can be close!
Like this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Right now we are only working PSA with both of Hunters dogs. Working any unfamiliar dogs I would be a bit hestitant

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Right now we are only working PSA with both of Hunters dogs. Working any unfamiliar dogs I would be a bit hestitant
I'm scared to work katya on the suit myself. Bitch is crazy. She'll rip my throat out just as quick as she will you lol

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Lol....no not like that.....but there are some nice helmets on the market....it's always good to have one....especially for runaway bites where dogs launch and people fall.

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lol....no not like that.....but there are some nice helmets on the market....it's always good to have one....especially for runaway bites where dogs launch and people fall.
That one I posted is pretty sweet though. I kinda want that suit and helmet combo lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts