German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been talking to a breeder about purchasing one of her puppies.

The dog is now 18 weeks old.

Last Wednesday (13th), my breeder mailed me saying I could go ahead and put my $500 deposit down, but that she had a dog show to go to and would be gone until this Monday.

It is now the following Wednesday and I have not heard back from her.

She seems extremely reputable. I mean, I googled the heck out of her. I have some serious internet stalking skills. :) And it seems all was in order. Before this, she has done really well with e-mailing me back everyday.

Should I be concerned or just assume she is busy? Honestly, I'm slightly worried maybe something happened to her.

I honestly do feel that she is reputable. But now I have $500 dollars down and I am getting nervous.

I have found her number (it was not on her site, but yeah. I stalked it down). I have considered calling but would wait another day to do so. I have already sent 2 e-mails.

Let me know!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what the boyfriend says to do too. I think I will stay wait until tomorrow morning and just cross my fingers she e-mails tonight. I almost feel obnoxious trying to get a reply.

But I'm so anxious to bring the little girl home! And now it's driving me crazy. haha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,389 Posts
Cash or check? Is she waiting for a check to clear? When did you arrange to pick up the dog? I would have done that before sending any money. If you already made the arrangements, then why do you want to talk to the breeder?

Dog shows are exhausting. I need all day Monday to recouperate, and then I need to clean the house after letting it go all weekend. Balto's breeder took a week to get back to me. Boaz's breeder was very good answering email, but once arrangements were made I didn't contact her until I was leaving for her house.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Paypal. And it shows that my $500 deposit already cleared. There were no arrangements done before she left. She said when she got back she would give me the total price that needed to be paid. (I was already aware of the price of the puppy, but this price would include the shipping cost)

But after hearing about you experience with dog shows, I feel so much better. Thank you for easing my worries! She probably just is exhausted,
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top