German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Have a PSA trial happening just up the road next month. Not a fan of the host but can't wait to check this out.

I love Shadow to bits but I miss, miss, miss having a working dog in the house. Someday I will have one again.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That will be fun! Finding a good club is invaluable. I love my club! We are just a group of friends who like to play with dogs lol. We trial when we can and in whatever we want. For the most part, we train what we like and train to the best of our ability. Our rule is, if you can imagine it, then we will train it. It keeps things fun. We train in multiple locations and are constantly changing things up. Most importantly, we all just love hanging out with one another. If one person is trialing in whatever sport, a group of us are there in support. We do things as a family in our club. We spend time together doing non dog things as well. It's truly a great group. All we need is about five more decoys lol. I keep telling all our single lady members to get on it, but they are slacking. Hahaha

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I so enjoy watching your videos and a question popped up when I saw the blank gun in the decoys hand. Do decoys often switch left and right arms for the dogs to target? All of the videos I have seen, the sleeve is on the left arm. I know it's a sport but the majority of humans are right handed so would shoot from the right hand. Just saw how vulnerable the dogs were targeting the left arm.

Is there a reason for using the left arm in this sport.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I so enjoy watching your videos and a question popped up when I saw the blank gun in the decoys hand. Do decoys often switch left and right arms for the dogs to target? All of the videos I have seen, the sleeve is on the left arm. I know it's a sport but the majority of humans are right handed so would shoot from the right hand. Just saw how vulnerable the dogs were targeting the left arm.

Is there a reason for using the left arm in this sport.

For sport both arms or legs can be used. Majority use the left arm. The dogs are not taught to target the "weapon". They are targeting what is presented. In the suit sports, left arm is the norm, and that's universal for safety of the dog and decoy. Dogs that bite just anywhere are unsafe to catch.

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
That will be fun! Finding a good club is invaluable. I love my club! We are just a group of friends who like to play with dogs lol. We trial when we can and in whatever we want. For the most part, we train what we like and train to the best of our ability. Our rule is, if you can imagine it, then we will train it. It keeps things fun. We train in multiple locations and are constantly changing things up. Most importantly, we all just love hanging out with one another. If one person is trialing in whatever sport, a group of us are there in support. We do things as a family in our club. We spend time together doing non dog things as well. It's truly a great group. All we need is about five more decoys lol. I keep telling all our single lady members to get on it, but they are slacking. Hahaha

Would be so fun to be a decoy. Might be a bit old for that though. lol

Your club sounds great. You got me curious about PSA and there isn't a whole lot going on in Canada so clearly until I leave here this guy up the road is it. He is a blow hard and I like neither his methods nor his attitude but I will deal. Thankfully he doesn't like GSD's. Lol.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Sounds like my club. Just an excuse to hangout out and do dog stuff.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ha, I need one of those parachutes for my dog when she's tracking!
Looks like fun, I like the environmental changes. Was that Ella towards the end of the video?
Yes it was. That's her dog Vandi on the bite when you see her.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We do. That poodle is the scariest of them all hahaha. This is Kimber from Saturday. Tried some new things. Probably not the best idea since we are trialing this weekend, but oh well. At this point, either we will pass or we won’t lol.

https://youtu.be/zHlyAoJJVqM

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
We do. That poodle is the scariest of them all hahaha. This is Kimber from Saturday. Tried some new things. Probably not the best idea since we are trialing this weekend, but oh well. At this point, either we will pass or we won’t lol.

https://youtu.be/zHlyAoJJVqM
In Vacaville?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hey Sabis mom...... I believe there are two clubs, I assume your referring to UK9BG PSA Club, there is also another one, Overdrive K9 PSA Club, you may want to check them out.

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Hey Sabis mom...... I believe there are two clubs, I assume your referring to UK9BG PSA Club, there is also another one, Overdrive K9 PSA Club, you may want to check them out.
Cool. Thanks!
It's mycobraracr's fault. He got me interested, and I don't do sports. Never did play well with others. Lol.

But I do love a challenge.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts