German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know the teething phase can bring on the ear dance, however I am a little anxious that her floppy ear won't stand again. They were both up for about 3 weeks, and now one is standing strong and the other is floppy. I am hoping it will come back up. Pictures for reference

Attachments

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Great lookin pup! Looks so focused! I didn't experience different ear stages while my puppy was teething but I see this question a lot. The consensus seems to say, if the were up at one time they'll definitely go up, just be patient.

Not saying you are, but just in case dont play with or touch the ears during the ear stages to let the cartilage strengthen.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
When my WGSL male was a pup, his ears were all over. He also had ALOT of hair floof behind his ears (it was adorable), his ears just seemed heavier. They eventually went up and stayed at six months. Agree, if they were once up, I would not worry.

My current pup is a working line. He doesn't have the extra floof or heavier ears. He's 4 months old and his ears have been up since we brought him home, I kind of doubt they will drop. He did have one down in a six week pic the breeder had.

She's pretty! Give her safe things she can chew on.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
When I got Star at 12 weeks old, both ears were up. They fell down within a week, and did not reliably go up again until she was NINE MONTHS old!

Don't worry: once they have both been up, they will come up again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts