German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kodee just trotted into the living room w/something "forbidden" in his mouth - I could tell by the way he was acting. So, I try to trade him a treat for whatever he has, thinking it's a kids' toy or something (we're working out learning "out.") Anyway, he dropped it, and I picked it up, thinking it's a rock.
But, it was too soft to be a rock, definitely didn't look like a toy, so I did the ol' reliable "sniff test" - and it's a turd. Nice, huh? He never poops in the house, and he never eats it, but I guess tonight is special, b/c he apparently was planning to do both.

I've washed my hand about 29 times, and it still smells like doodie...ugh!!!

That'll teach me to turn my back on him, or pick things up without latex gloves...

·
Registered
12,829 Posts
Oh no! The things I had forgotten about Morgan's puppy days - she went through a seriously naughty phase where she would bring hard poo in from the lawn and drop it in the mudroom.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally Posted By: BowWowMeowOMG, did I ever laugh at this one.

At least it wasn't a dead mouse. Rafi obediently dropped that for me once.
I thought about this for a moment, and decided - I think I would prefer the dead mouse.

·
Registered
31 Posts
After fishing all day I wash my hands with toothpaste, and it helps get rid of the smell. I don't know if it works with poo or not?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, Tres Beau - I never heard of that, but next time my hands smell like dog [email protected], I'll give it a try.
Actually, my hands have smelled like toddler [email protected] a lot lately, now that i think of it. My 2 yr old is potty-training...
Wow - the tricks we dog-owners (and moms) have to use to not be stinky....

·
Registered
31 Posts
I use the red gel close up it works pretty well,..
On the subject of diapers - I have a six month old niece who stays with us sometimes, and Bo has been known to steal a dirty diaper and run under the bed with it.
One night after changing the baby my wife mentioned hmm "I guess I put that diaper in the trash already." I was standing close to the trash can so I opened it and looked in there and I saw a diaper and assumed it was the one, but when we went to bed it wasn't long before we figured out the masterful deception. After checking the baby a couple of times and checking Bo's crate for the source of the offending odor, I finally spied the shredded diaper and most of the dreaded contents under the bed.
My wife was not amused at all, but she never changes a diaper on the floor now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts