German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here I am, sitting in my back yard, with Phoenix beside me, just chilling. I took his kiddie swimming pool out, filled it with water and he had a ball playing in the water. He's just about 13 months old now, and sitting here, I'm reminiscing about last summer. Time in the back yard was a bit crazy...a lot of "leave it", "drop it", usually relating to the small pea gravel I have here and there. As you can imagine, more often than not, he ate it, and I was on poop patrol for 24 hours to make sure it came back out! Or, the digging in the garden, and plucking out flowers from my pots and parading and prancing around, which in and if itself was actually kind of cute. So...does it get better when they mature, yup, I'd say so. Does that mean I can take out my lawn chairs from the garden, which are currently preventing him from attempting to dig....probably not just yet :grin2:

·
Registered
206 Posts
That sounds so nice! I am currently playing the "leave it" "Out" and "Baron No" game. He is almost 4 months and loves rocks, flowers, digging holes in the yard,you know all the puppy delicacies! You're right it is sweet to watch, but exhausting!!

·
Super Moderator
6,449 Posts
Lol!I know exactly what you mean!My dogs seem to backslide some at around 18 mths but between the second and third year everything falls into place.Mine didn't eat stones but are hole digging champions!

Reactions: LittleBear

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:DDon't get me wrong, it's not all sunshine and roses yet! Phoenix apparently still has an inherent need to prune shrubs and trees, although he has a bit of talent there. He selectively snapped off some low hanging Caragana branches over the winter, it saved me the trouble of pruning them this spring lol. Looks nice...I think I may have found him a job!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts