German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a volunteer for a local German Shepherd Rescue (German Shepherd Rescue Orange
County aka GSROC), I thought I would pass on a story about a pup truly in need.
Working with a rescue we often have some heart breaking stories, but for some
reason, this pup has really gotten under my skin. I have spent some time with
him at the hospital and his eyes and spirit have really spoken to me. I really
love this boy. He is an amazing fighter and needs as many people behind him as
possible.

Anyways, here are two links:

http://www.myfoxla.com/dpp/news/local/gustav-the-german-shepherds-story-20110121

http://www.gsroc.org/urgent_help_detail.asp?ID=119

So anybody who uses all the social networks out there like fb or twitter, please
post the gsroc link. I don't use them, but am trying to get the word out the
only way I can.

Thanks for all your support.

Molly

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
I've been posting Gustav's news updates to my Facebook page since the beginning, I hope he continues to do well.

Just so you know, though, they will probably close or remove your thread since it's against board rules to ask for donations.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I tell you what Im a man who never ever cries about anything but this just brought me **** near to tears and a lump in my throat. I will be donating for sure right after this post.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
this is so very sad, I think this type of linking to a site for donations is 'ok', I'm sure another mod will give me a heads up if it isn't..

That poor poor dog, but it sounds like he's a fighter and is having a good day today

·
Registered
314 Posts
Well I just made my donation and I made the mistake of looking at the dogs that need adoption and help. I have decided when it comes time that my dogs leave me I will adopt from now on. That stuff is just gut wrenching to read and look at. I give major credit to people who take any animal in there home to foster, your truly saints.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts