German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Nadja- AKA the BooRoo
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I FINALLY got to visit my trainer again today. We didn’t schedule any training sessions with him during December because life was so busy so I just did my homework he assigned me and worked Nadja as often as I could focusing on what needed the most refinement. Today’s session was amazing! Probably the best we’ve had since I started seeing this trainer. We started with some obedience and after giving me a few small things I needed to tweak, we moved on to her reactivity. He brought out one of his dogs and told me to keep her attention focused on me and reward when she does so. She thought about reacting but only have a little grumble and after a correction there was no more of that. We heeled around the dog and followed him then he followed us, then I put Nads in a down and the other dog was about 3-4 feet away doing some commands and she did great she was very very calm and even cocked her hip and got comfy! That was by far the best she’s ever done. Then we went to gear up for protection and she’s really starting to let loose and show what she’s made of now, her barks are much clearer and stronger than they were back in the summer, she’s showing more drive, just all in all making huge improvements. We both went home very happy, I’m so proud of her, and I guess myself too but I try not to get too full of myself. I feel that everything’s piecing together and one day we’ll be able to see what this puzzle turns out to be.
Water Dog Sky Water resources Carnivore

No training pictures unfortunately but here’s one I got on yesterday’s walk it’s too pretty not to share

·
Super Moderator
8,487 Posts
Great teamwork:)That's an excellent photo - strength and serenity captured

Reactions: NadDog24

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Steady progress, congrats to you both! A word of caution though, train her way beyond what you think you need. It pays HUGE dividends later on! ;);)

Reactions: NadDog24
1 - 7 of 7 Posts