German Shepherds Forum banner

A fairy tale for my daughters when our Bryn passed

25K views 44 replies 39 participants last post by  crazyontrt 
#1 ·
Bryndear and the Evermore

Favorite family’s house was dark and quiet. Dearling was dancedreaming in her bed. As the Littlest Fairy passed through their room, Mother smiled and Father snorked. “So why am I worrysearching?” wondered the Littlest Fairy.
She flew down the hall to see Dogdear. Snowdipped head on paws, he slept hard. “Wake up old friend.” Dogdear ached up happy to see his fairy special friend. Painwalking slowly, tail penduluming, he love-washed her fairyface. Hugging him tightly, she heard the chanting of his heart, “Tired, so tired, tired so tired.” “Oh, Dogdear, has it been so many years? I think it is time now.” Then the Littlest Fairy put her head against his and together they memorytraveled.

Blink

Dogdear sees a frightened black ball of fur being held by a lady. Her heart beats with his. “No fear, just love, no fear, just love”. The memorypup looks up into her eyes and he’s home.

Blink

A gang of three wilders growls and threatens Mother. Three-month old Dogdear puffs up and steps in front, staring mightily. The wilders run away.

Blink

Mother and Father bring home a little Mother. She is Dearling. Dearling loves to throw the ball. Dogdear brings it back. Dogdear brings it back. And Dogdear brings it back.

Blink

Chasing Catbrother down the hall. Catbrother chases Dogdear. Over and over again until they laughfall. Fun.

Blink

Tiny Dogpup comes home. Come sleep within my paws. You’re little. You’ll learn.

Blink

Hugs of War
Blink

Distancewalks.

Blink

Love.

Blink

And love and more love

“It’s time.”

“How can I leave them?”

“It’s time.”

“I can’t go. I keep them safe.”

“See little Dogpup. He is not little any more. You are not young anymore. It’s time.”
The littlest Fairy climbed on Dogdear’s back, springling stardust, she wishpered in his ear, “Free.” Leaving the old snowtipped shell, the reality of Dogdear went to Everhome.
In the morning, Favorite Family found Dogdear’s foreversleeping self. Father placed him near the red tree where he used to bonechew. Dearling cried all day. They all weptslept that night. Littlest Fairy sent them a peacedream. She let Favorite Family see Dogdear chasing after the shooting stars that Fairy threw for him. They see the tailwagging smile on Dogdear’s face. To Dearling was given a special secret.
Sometimes, when dearling is filled with aloneness, she goes outside to sit by the red tree. She lifts her face up towards DogStar and closes her eyes. With heartvision, it is easy to catch a glimpse of a frolicking Dogdear. He runs to the edge of the pink rimmed cloud and looks down at Dearling. “I will wait for you in the Everhome, always here for you.” And Dearling is comforted.

See less See more
#2 ·
That's beautiful. You need to have that illustrated and published as a children's book.

#6 ·
Remifaere, thankyou for sharing, it's beautiful and I think it will help many who read who have just lost a 'Dogdear', as well as your daughter - I'm going to sticky this post /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/01_smile.gif

#10 ·
Look and see the publishers in your daughters' other books. See if there is a website with info or call and ask. Never hurts to try. Maybe someone else here knows more. With illustrations, I think it could help lots of parents explaining about their pets.

#11 ·
[ QUOTE ]
That's beautiful. You need to have that illustrated and published as a children's book.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't agree more! There is nothing out there to comfort a child grieving the loss of a beloved dog, and that beautiful little fairy tale would be wonderful for children of all ages. It was a joy to read, even through cloudy eyes ... thank you for sharing.

#13 ·
I have a degree in English Lit, so I hope you'll believe me when I say that is some really wonderful creative writing. I'm touched by the imaginative freedom of language and rhythm. You definitely have a gift. Hope you'll keep writing more. I'd buy it. Others would too.

#15 ·
That is a beautiful story. I too wish you would make a book of it. I would definatly buy one, and one for my doggie crazy friends.

I too sit here crying as I read.

#17 ·
*that* - the softAngel whispered to Dogdear - is so very beautiful!, how blessed a life you have had! - the people you owned must have loved you *so* very much. They saw magic in your snowtip, and your catBrother explained so much to us softAngels. We are so glad, and happy to have you here with us. We know its hard when we have to change from protector to Mentor, but soon you will be the Keeper of The Memory - and forever we will all dance, safe in the knowledge we travelled as one.

Love & Light.

#18 ·
remifaere, have you decided to publish your fairy tale? It is the most beautiful thing I have read in a long time. I was crying reading it. I think it would be so special for children who are trying to understand why thier beloved dogdears have been taken from them. It would be a beautiful book; please have it published. I can imagine how lovely the illistrations would be. Please update us. Thank you!!!!!!

#20 ·
I just read your story - AMAZING!!!! I'm crying like a baby.........

You have to publish it!!!

My Mom has published 2 of her husband's books and several other ones. She also publishes a literary magaznie. If you're interested PM me.

P.S. You should copy-right this (or whatever that stuff is.......). The language/style you use is very unique and needs to be protected!!!!!!

#21 ·
WOW! i too must echo everyone else...what a way with words you have. i am going to pass this on to a very gifted artist i know. a simple illustrated book would be SO WONDERFUL! please pm me if you'd really like to work on this!

#23 ·
rem i have to agree, that story should be published for children to help them get through the loss of a animal. copyright it right away as Ania said

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.