German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Excellent form by a junior handler and top-notch doubletake by the veteran!

·
Registered
7,497 Posts
Sticks can be dangerous. I have enjoyed watching them knoshing on a big stick but can be impaled , stuck on roof of mouth etc. someone else had video tape of max and Luna. this I will share because it is cute. I do urge you to look up sticks and the damages they do in dogs that play real hard. I had occurrences with sticks so I stay away from those- one was impales and the other a piece stuck on the roof.
http://instagr.am/p/CANOCfthS1M/

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
That picture is adorable! Not to jump on the “no sticks ever” bandwagon, but do be careful. My boy was running and pounced on a stick. It got stuck in his paw and I had to go pull it out. Some people don’t even realize sticks can be dangerous. Just keep an eye out!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That picture is adorable! Not to jump on the “no sticks ever” bandwagon, but do be careful. My boy was running and pounced on a stick. It got stuck in his paw and I had to go pull it out. Some people don’t even realize sticks can be dangerous. Just keep an eye out!
Yes I have to watch him closely are he will pick up small sticks and hold them with the end of the stick in his mouth so I try to keep all those picked up and if he finds one then take it a way from him. I so a dog several years ago get one stuck in the roof of his mouth.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yuppers., always be aware of sticks, small rocks and small balls. Some things are safer to play with than others.
We took the smaller tennis ball away and picked up a large chuck it ball that we play fetch with since he was getting the whole tennis ball in his mouth.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts