German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Onyx he/she *I'm sorry, don't know if you're a man or woman* gave me some good videos to follow. I tried it and they grasped it pretty well. Riley took longer than Apollo but they both got it. It took less than 10 minutes for them to look at me when they wanted the food.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Not bad for a first try. Once suggestion is to get a clicker to really shape the behavior and start with the treat at their nose tracing it to your nose so they have to look at you. The minute they do click and treat. They'll learn a little faster this way though yours seem to be getting the hand of it as it is:)

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! Well, I watched those lectures on Leerburg's website and Michael Ellis briefly talked about clickers. He said he uses "Marker" words for when the dog does what he wants, In this case he says "Yes" and that's where most people would use the clicker. That's why I kept saying yes.

I didn't realize the videos were so dark. It's the lighting. Each time I gave them the treat that was when they looked at me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts