German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
too hot for me, so we grabbed a towel and some snacks, then drove until we stopped seeing ppl and cars.

the sun was bright... proof is in the “silhouettes”, i swear he’s not a black dog.

A3FED114-F990-498D-807F-7BFCA8174BBF.jpeg

D1D7CB96-D3D3-4C1E-9EE0-BDE3FAB56DE7.jpeg

191E2D2F-591C-458B-AE0F-4D85BBA9A559.jpeg

accidentally swam.
A3A2C6B6-E594-4D55-895A-D62023A63949.jpeg

found a cool spot. this kid naps anywhere.
EB415666-0316-4297-9CA7-29D7E481E301.jpeg

and then...a goat leg.
927FED25-B5CF-4055-8096-AF41B0F79504.jpeg

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
Great pics! I love the one with the sun sparkling on the water all around him.

Reactions: cagal and Fodder

·
Super Moderator
7,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
me too!!... would have been a nice one with better lighting or a better camera.
I take most of my pictures with my phone, I just hate to take the better camera out with multiple dogs for water and mud sports. LOL

Reactions: Fodder

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
Clearly you're mistreating your dog. Stop that NOW!!! Great pics!

Reactions: Fodder

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
We went from beautiful warm weather most of September to an average of low 50's highs for the rest of the week now with rain off an on. Welcome to the Canadian Fall.

·
Super Moderator
7,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
October is typically my favorite month in the bay area, but we’ve had a series of heatwaves that we just can’t seem to get past. Today is supposed to be hotter but i’d feel better sticking close to home because i have a cat in the house. Yesterday turned into 3 stops and a 7hr day.....just a tiny bit longer than i had in mind.

·
Super Moderator
32,367 Posts
It's supposed to be 99 at our house today. Ugh. Unfortunately, Cava can't go swimming or play in water for another week and a half. :(

·
Registered
781 Posts
These heat waves have been killing me. I like to give the dogs lots of separate play, so I’m doubling up in it.

·
Super Moderator
7,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My favourite is the napping one. Nothing more relaxing than watching a happy tired dog take a snooze.
The lovely sight of a shepherd being tuckered out and laying in the sand haha.
two of my favorites from our last backpacking trip..
09321C91-18A9-4757-9858-3D7180070C28.jpeg

BE7BF981-A4BA-422B-8A19-5182EBA081A7.jpeg

he’ll seriously pass out anywhere 😂
but stand up or touch the leash and he’s ready to go again.

·
Super Moderator
7,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's supposed to be 99 at our house today. Ugh. Unfortunately, Cava can't go swimming or play in water for another week and a half. :(
well maybe you should have thought about that before accepting her FOURTH spay date 😆

Reactions: Cassidy's Mom

·
Super Moderator
7,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
These heat waves have been killing me. I like to give the dogs lots of separate play, so I’m doubling up in it.
eek, yes, i’ve been there! miss my old guy but i have to admit... having 1 dog this past year has been pretty great. it’s been awhile.

·
Super Moderator
7,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That one in the rocks😂😂😂 seriously awesome. Did you put the blanket there for him?
i did. he was determined to lay there as i was in a hammock nearby, but there was sap all over.
I was looking at other of your posts, do you camp with him? How’s that?
i do...and it’s great. i’ve always camped with my dogs but he’s been the one that i’ve backpacked with the most. no complaints. he’s super adaptable and reliable... compact in size, and his internal compass is remarkable.

Reactions: Cassidy's Mom

·
Registered
Hi, it’s Andre
79 Posts
i did. he was determined to lay there as i was in a hammock nearby, but there was sap all over.

i do...and it’s great. i’ve always camped with my dogs but he’s been the one that i’ve backpacked with the most. no complaints. he’s super adaptable and reliable... compact in size, and his internal compass is remarkable.
Does he guide you ? Wait does he sleep in a hammock with you?

·
Super Moderator
7,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Does he guide you ? Wait does he sleep in a hammock with you?
we have our routine...
  • hike in
  • set up camp while he familiarizes himself with the grounds (at least that’s what i tell myself, he’s probably off eating scat)
  • he typically returns when he hears the stove
  • dinner, stars, sleep, etc
  • morning hike, typically off trail... find somewhere to hang out and read or write, then “let’s go” somehow always gets us back to camp. sometimes the same route but not always.. i just follow.. only once did he detour and we end up at a bone that he proceeded to lay down and munch 🙄 took a long time to find camp again that day, lol
D9E79AC9-F30D-472F-8AE7-B94CA4F515BB.jpeg

also, yes..
67E8DE52-C3FF-44A1-9567-5CB650EDA495.jpeg

·
Registered
Hi, it’s Andre
79 Posts
we have our routine...
  • hike in
  • set up camp while he familiarizes himself with the grounds (at least that’s what i tell myself, he’s probably off eating scat)
  • he typically returns when he hears the stove
  • dinner, stars, sleep, etc
  • morning hike, typically off trail... find somewhere to hang out and read or write, then “let’s go” somehow always gets us back to camp. sometimes the same route but not always.. i just follow.. only once did he detour and we end up at a bone that he proceeded to lay down and munch 🙄 took a long time to find camp again that day, lol
View attachment 564556
also, yes.. View attachment 564557
That’s awesome I wanna do something like that when my little guy comes around. Nice hammock haha, we have that one too. He seems like a real sweetie :)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts