German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like a lot of people on this site just looking for some positivity today my female sable has good days and bad days of course right now just beating my head against the wall and her love of chewing mulch trying redirection and leave it trying pet stopper spray getting a little better but still not there yet just worried about her chewing on it last night was first night no whining in crate I play with her in afternoon till she gets tired and starts to get moody of course she is a landshark also she has sweet moments but few and far between feel like I have to watch and entertain her the entire time she is out of crate I know it will get better and there is a bright light at the end of tunnel!

·
Super Moderator
6,361 Posts
None of my dogs were ever interested in mulch or stones thank goodness!But boy can the two I have now dig!They must smell beetles and moles underground or something.Now that they are not puppies anymore they know I disapprove and will scratch a little,look over at me and stop.Unless they are out of my line of sight and smell something just too tempting,lol!If I catch Misty digging she'll throw herself down over the evidence and give me her most innocent look.Annoying and endearing:)
If it was me I would experiment with various non toxic substances that your girl hates the smell of.Vinegar,citrus,pepper based liquids,etc.Good luck!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Ok, so I have having the same issue with Genali.

You know how you can use a favorite toy as a training aid? Yeah, when someone asks me what my high value training toy will be, I will have no choice but to say "Pin Bark Mulch".

sigh.......Feeling your pain over here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts