German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a GSD named Sarah about 5 months ago and now she is 9 months old. We took her to training at PetSmart and she did awesome. But for about the past month and a half she has been pretty nippy. It happens mainly towards my brother, out of nowhere she will just go up to him and start nipping on his clothing and start to grunt. Sometimes she will do it to both of my parents also but rarely to me. I have tried to do the yelp thing, a water bottle and the get up and ignore her technique but she just gets up and follows you pulls on your pants. Shes not being aggressive it just seems like she thinks she is playing. Does anyone have any other suggestions for me? Thank you!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
sounds like she's not getting enough exercise or enough to chew on. How much exercise does she get DAILY and what is she given to chew on? Also sounds like she might need some more mental stimulation than she's getting. I'm sure others will chime in with other ideas.

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
I agree- she needs to get outside and play, run, go for walks, something to tire her out. If the weather's bad and she's inside a lot, play tug, use a flirt pole, roll a ball up and down the hallway, practice obedience training. It sounds like she's trying to get your brother on the floor to wrestle--my dog does that when my husband gets home after a trip so that's what he does. He lets Stosh know when he's biting too hard and always lets him know when play time is over.

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
Sounds like a normal happy bored bored bored bored puppy

I'd sign up for more dog classes!

And start up the hiking and tears in the woods!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts