German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
As long as there is no injury, leave it alone! I'm not sure what they meant by trim it, but I have thoughts and no. Just no.
It adds character. It is no fault that I know of. And it will not impact her ability to love you one bit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As long as there is no injury, leave it alone! I'm not sure what they meant by trim it, but I have thoughts and no. Just no.
It adds character. It is no fault that I know of. And it will not impact her ability to love you one bit.
Thank you for your reply! I just wanted to make sure that she won't have any long term affects on her. It's definitely an adorable trait

·
Registered
311 Posts
My East German has a longer tail, same curl. I hope they just meant to trim the hairs on the underside of the tip to reduce the sensitivity that causes them to carry it up and to the side. I had read that is a thing but I don't recall where. I have not trimmed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My East German has a longer tail, same curl. I hope they just meant to trim the hairs on the underside of the tip to reduce the sensitivity that causes them to carry it up and to the side. I had read that is a thing but I don't recall where. I have not trimmed.
Yeah that's what they meant

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I know people who have showlines and they do advise keeping hairs on the tip of the tail trimmed if they hit the ground. Something about static electricity and sensitivity changing their tail carriage?

I am NOT saying to do it or not do it, just acknowledging I have heard it before. Who knows if it is true or an old wives tale.

That said, I don't think anything would really change you girl's tail carriage at this point. Anyway, it looks fine and gives her character :) As long as her movement is good and she is overall happy and healthy I wouldn't even think about the tail not being straight. Are you planning to show her or anything?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts