German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i measured my pup today out of curiosity and he came in around 63-65cm (I did it a few times just to be sure) Isn't that technically the height of an adult sheperd?? He's not even 7 mos yet...

No am not worried or anything about his size I haven't weighed him yet for some time but he has the 'ideal' tuck and shape and he is very active But I am curious and wondering if it's normal for pups to grow in height so quickly.. I mean he still has 2 more mos to grow heightweise and if that happens then it's above average r8? ?

Some pics cause I just can't help it ?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
How did you measure him? I've learned it is very hard to get the proper measurement for conformity using yard sticks and stuff in the house. You have to know the right spot to put it too. My dog is 69.8 cm, measure on a flat hard surface using a T square measuring stick. So he is 1.5 inches over standard. He had his final height growth at about 15months which is late especially for an intact male.

Your dog is beautiful :) Personally I like them on the bigger side of standard, but within standard.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@CometDog Yes it is incredibly difficult to measure him lol so I might be a couple ish cm off but I think I did it correctly... I used a measuring tape and held him against the wall shown in the last pic Then my brother measured him from toes to his wither
I wouldn't mind a big dog as long as he's healthy too ?

·
Registered
364 Posts
My girl was that height at 7 months. I was disturbed as well! Haha, especially because I had stopped puppy food very early to slow growth! Beautiful dog! Congrats!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My girl was that height at 7 months. I was disturbed as well! Haha, especially because I had stopped puppy food very early to slow growth! Beautiful dog! Congrats!
Thx a lot he is indeed a beauty we joke saying he's more of a model than a guardian! xD Yes it is quite overwhelming to think he was just a tiny pup a few mos ago! He is already much bigger than my previous girl lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts