German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My amazing pup Bozley is starting to not want to go into his kennel when I leave for work and once I leave he howls like crazy. He knows the routine and once I turn on the radio and get his kong from the freezer he know what is happening. So far his love for cheese is the only thing getting him near it. I can leave him out with the cats for a few hours in the evening with no issues (no chewing). Any suguestions how I can make this a better experiance for him? I have him in a wire crate and he has always been kenneled when we are away during the day.

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
He's older, maturing, and needs more exercise/training/socialization and all that involves to engage and WEAR HIM OUT.

That way it will be a relief when you crate him and go to work so he can rest. Rather than leaving an amped up and ready to go pup to be bored and alone in his crate.

Join up those dog classes. Add miles more off leash exercise. It's not about the time in the crate, it's about all you do WITH him when you are home.

One of the training things you can take the time to start up is ...Susan Garrett's Crate Games for Self-Control and Motivation Great DVD http://www.clickerdogs.com/crate_games.php

1 - 2 of 2 Posts