German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! Everytime I am out and about with Rollo I always get a person tell me how tall he is...but then they say "my he is so skinny" To which I then say he is 70 lbs & 7 months old...everytime I tell them that the person goes "oh my he is a big boy" lol. I know that the general public has no idea that the vast majority of dogs are actually overweight. Personally, I think Rollo looks very fit and in shape but who knows! Here's a picture I took tonight!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
Feed that poor dog! (Just kidding, he looks great!) Nyx surprised me, she was 70 at 7 months, but only 72 at nine months. She's still a very lean 80 at 18 months, but it's been so darn hot lately for a black dog so she's not eating as well as she usually does...

·
Registered
225 Posts
People are always trying to get others to fatten up their dogs. I think he looks great. He is just a handsome boy.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Feed that poor dog! (Just kidding, he looks great!) Nyx surprised me, she was 70 at 7 months, but only 72 at nine months. She's still a very lean 80 at 18 months, but it's been so darn hot lately for a black dog so she's not eating as well as she usually does...
Nyx looks great! And 80 lbs sounds like good weight, do you think she'll stay around that or gain some more?

People are always trying to get others to fatten up their dogs. I think he looks great. He is just a handsome boy.
Thank you for the nice words! And I just got to start repeating "most dogs are fat, most dogs are fat, most dogs are fat." over and over in my head next time someone says Rollo is too skinny lol

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
Nyx looks great! And 80 lbs sounds like good weight, do you think she'll stay around that or gain some more?
It's a guess, but I think she'll be between 85 and 90 when she's done maturing and filling in - with added, but very feminine, muscle of course!

Reactions: Chuck94!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Rollo is as studly as ever! With how quick he's growing, Mei will have to get on her toes to lick him!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rollo is as studly as ever! With how quick he's growing, Mei will have to get on her toes to lick him!
Lol Rollo was trying to look all tough & serious for the camera..Mei can and still will kick his arse any day of the week :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yes, a lot of dogs out there are overweight. FWIW, I think he looks very handsome and his weight is good.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Most people have no clue but Rollo looks great. The giraffe stage is the worse till they fill out, all legs big head. Ozzy weighed in at 49 lbs 5mo old for his flea tick heart guard.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you all for the reassuring comments! Glad to know I’m not crazy lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts