German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have a 7 year old German Shepherd with lots of health issues. He has arthritis, Pannas in his eyes, a very bad right elbow and now lots of allergies. He cannot has chicken, lamb, turkey or eggs.
I have stopped dog food for a long time as he just does not enjoy it. I give him brown rice, vegetables and a meat. I need some advice on feeding amounts and what to give him now that his has allergies.
Any suggestions would be great please!!!!

·
Registered
31,115 Posts
How on earth can your dog be healthy with only rice,vege and a meat? Where is his calcium? His zinc, copper and all the other vitamins and minerals?

Have you had actual allergy testing done? contact a nutritionist and have a balanced meal plan created.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,
He has had an allergy test from the vet this is how we know he has these. He is on Yumove advance for Vitamins.
He recently had his test which is why I was asking for some advice.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I'm sorry to hear your dog is suffering from allergies. At this point I think prescription diet might be the best way to go since he won't get sufficient nutrition just by feeding him what you mentioned. Has your dog always suffered from allergies or did you just find out recently?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts