German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone my girl is going to be 7 weeks tomorrow and isn’t showing. She gained wait but I think it’s just from me feeding her more. We went with AI and that was done every 2 days 3 different times. I’ve had a female carry puppies in her rib cage and barely show before and deliver 9 puppies but I’m just not sure about this girl. She went through morning sickness, a very clingy stage and is now very aggressive to all female dogs. What are your thoughts, Is it a false pregnancy or could she be pregnant.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here’s a photo of her standing up. it was kind of hard to get since she just wants to lay down all the time. I’d love to get her xrays in fact I have to but at the moment I can’t. I’m planning on getting them late, probably in the middle of her 8th week. I would just like to know now if is pregnant to ease my mind lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
You should be seeing some nipple and mammary gland enlargement by now, if she's pregnant. What do her nipples look like?

·
Registered
371 Posts
She has a pregnant look to her, could be a small litter. I look for a soft, slightly larger vulva with whitish discharge, in addition to mammary enlargement. But I had a singleton, where I thought she hadn't taken, and he arrived healthy, normal weight, to surprise us all.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Place your hand just below her rib cage when she is lying on her side- you should feel flutters of movement.

·
Banned
1,255 Posts
Here’s a photo of her standing up. it was kind of hard to get since she just wants to lay down all the time. I’d love to get her xrays in fact I have to but at the moment I can’t. I’m planning on getting them late, probably in the middle of her 8th week. I would just like to know now if is pregnant to ease my mind lol.
Who’s the creeper watching her eat in the background. lol. Cutest photo bomb ever.

I don’t have experience with breeding or pregnant bitches, I just couldn’t help posting after seeing the photo bomb!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jchrest Lol! That’s what I like to call her shadow Blu. He will follow her around is always giving her kisses.

·
Super Moderator
18,673 Posts
X-rays around 55-57 days will tell you what you need to know. She looks fuller (though we don't have anything to compare it to), but she doesn't look as big as my female that is not yet 6 weeks along. My female also has more mammary development.

·
Banned
1,255 Posts
How old is the bitch? Is this her first litter? Lyka would go through stages where she very much had false pregnancies. She would be a complete domineering jerk to any and all dogs, and was super clingy with me. She would pack on weight, always be hungry, and mammary glands would swell. But, she also acted this way right before a heat cycle, the only difference was the weight gain. We’ve since had her spayed, and she still gets temperamental around the time she would have a normal cycle.

Probably still not helpful, just sharing some false pregnancy occurrences with our female. She has had litters in the past before she came to me, so maybe that has something to do with it. Not sure.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jchrest She just turned 3 years old and this would be her first litter. Her stomach is very hard and she has been hiding toys and stealing the kids stuffed animals which she didn’t do before. Delta has also became a lot more lazy and she breaths a lot harder. I think she may have a small litter but I’m not going to be sure until her x rays next week. Oh and she has been refusing to eat food, I can’t even get her to eat chicken. The first snow photo is her not pregnant and the rainy photo is her now

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts