German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read in a few GSD books that seven months of age is a very awkward stage for them. Sometimes called 'the uglies.'
I do believe Bark is getting close to this stage. He is all limbs. Kind of goofy looking. Super cute though.

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
The awkward age - and wait, after he turns into a handsome gsd, then he is ready to take on the world. I read somewhere, it is like they become cats. No one tells a cat what to do. Hang in there - with patience and training, it will get better.

·
Registered
27,279 Posts
I don't think of any puppy stage as the uglies...they are all endearing! Even the big ears ~long tail look.
It goes by so fast, I want it to last longer.

Though, this thread needs pictures added so we can ooh and ahh over the cuteness!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
His body is cracking me up. All legs. Reminds me of a baby deer.
He is 6 months and a week. I'll take some pictures tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I don't think of any puppy stage as the uglies...they are all endearing! Even the big ears ~long tail look.
It goes by so fast, I want it to last longer.

Though, this thread needs pictures added so we can ooh and ahh over the cuteness!
I agree pics are a definite must ;)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Too funny! I remember when we got our first GSD, Cheyenne. He was so "ugly" long and lanky, I remember thinking I was going to be disappointed, I was very wrong.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I call it the Fuglies. lol

But cute in how mis-matched they look. So goofy and clumsy, getting used to their growing bodies.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tried to get a goofy/lanky picture of him. The first is him mid spin. The next two are lying down. With Willow, of course.

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
There is nothing ugly about either one of your dogs. They are beautiful! Nice pictures.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you. It's not that I think he's ugly. Far from it. It's just that now and again I see his lankiness stage coming. Makes me smile.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts